View Single Post
  #2  
Old 08-28-2002, 02:13 PM
Namuna's Avatar
Namuna Namuna is offline
Hulk smash!
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,193
Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Just an update on input power.

The charger I received (and indeed most of the field smart chargers) uses a 12V DC with at least 7amps power source...That's basically a car battery.

Since my charger's primary use will be in an indoor capacity, I've opted to purchase a Regulated Power Supply instead.

The power source requirement is:
10.5V ~ 15V DC at 7amps or higher

I went to Radio Shack in search of a regulated PS that fit this requirement, they had a 13.8V at 10amp unit for $99.99...I walked out.

Went on the internet and found a company by the name of Pyramid that makes Regulated Power Supplies.

They have a regulated 13.8V at 10amp unit (WITH a cigarette lighter attachment) and I found a place on the Internet that sells it for $34.21.

Pyramid PS15KX Regulated Power Supply ordered and should be here Friday or Tuesday next week.
Reply With Quote