View Single Post
  #19  
Old 02-04-2004, 01:22 AM
spitty12's Avatar
spitty12 spitty12 is offline
Happiness is a warm gun..
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 103
Send a message via AIM to spitty12
Not sure what kind of grease it was but it was in a tub and was white. The guy is a fellow car guy so I told him that I wanted to pack the diff to make an lsd and he put some in a plastic baggy and gave it to me. It wasn't gel but it was maybe lithium grease. An auto parts store should also be able to give a good recommendation for a product.

The only bad is that it's not adjustable like a paper one but it will not degrade over time.

EDITE: The clutch type you made should slip when power is going to the rear wheels causing your power to go no where and just make noise. If it is tight enough to make all the power reach the rear wheels then it would be so tight it wouldn't slip at all around corners. I think that's how it would work but let me know what experience told you.

The grease type is very loose and I thouhgt it wouldn't provide enough resistance but it turned out to be perfect.
__________________
"I'll leave you with my friends for a while, they are all nice guys.. Well Darin is an A-hole, Scott is a loudmouth and Jon(me) well he's just crazy."

Last edited by spitty12; 02-05-2004 at 12:05 AM.
Reply With Quote