View Single Post
  #12  
Old 12-11-2003, 10:58 PM
Plays_with_Toys Plays_with_Toys is offline
TinyRC Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 19
So who wants more suspension travel up front, raise your hands!!

I do!

And now I do!


Here's how to do it without any shaving of anything.

1) Remove the front body tab mount thing, the black tab that is bolted from under the chassis and has the two shock ends in it.

2) Place spring pointy tabs into the SCREW HOLES, not the two little dimples, but the screw holes. Make sure the little points actually go into the holes and stick out a little down into the countersunk area of the chassis.

3) Take out the retaining screws from under the solid A-arms of the suspension. Replace these with some extra screws, or if you have none, use two screws from the rear suspension brace, and replace those with the ones from the front suspension.

4) Make sure you don't tighten the new screws in all the way! I think they are too long, and you don't want to strip them.

5) Test the flex! Now that the shocks have no preload, and are at a new angle, they don't bottom out as quickly, they get so much more flex, you will actually pop the lower screw mount out of the A-arm if you don't have a screw there. I haven't done the shaved A-arm mod yet, to give it lift, but atleast it has a little more suspension travel. I can now get it to flex with one tire on a pen and the rest on the ground... Not bad for IFS and IRS.


Oh, I am going to do an official write up for the FAQ section too, covering everything needed to be done to make this thing off-carpet worthy.

And those tires??? I went full speed today on carpet and turned sharp left and right, and before the suspension mod, it would flip. Now it doesn't, but the tires' amount of grip is amazing!
__________________
AWD Xmod Crawler in the works _>
Landcruiser Z-body, AWD w/ Locked Differentials, Spinbrush motor, 30x14 Lego MT/R's
Reply With Quote