View Single Post
  #11  
Old 12-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Plays_with_Toys Plays_with_Toys is offline
TinyRC Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 19
Alright, I bought my crestbrush today, and that motor does seem especially torquey, can't wait to get the pinion and install the wiring.

I also bought some tires for it. They are lego tires, and come in a kit that was $7. Its a lego kit for juniors. Its a little tow truck and it has 6 wheels. If you look in the picture, you can actually see the writing on the side of the tire, it says "LEGO 30X14" in referance to the size. They are almost a direct fit to the Xmod wheels, the only thing is that the tires are wider than the wheels, but other wise fit like a charm.

Suspension is still lacking, but I think with locked diffs, and the torquey motor, it won't matter.

Once I actually get it running, and feel it is worth investing more into it, I will buy a Landcruiser z-body, since I am a loyal toyota guy (hence the name). I won't get pics, not until I get the body, unless an overwhelming number of people ask for them... which I doubt. I have no digicam, and don't like pestering my friends for theirs all the time.
__________________
AWD Xmod Crawler in the works _>
Landcruiser Z-body, AWD w/ Locked Differentials, Spinbrush motor, 30x14 Lego MT/R's
Reply With Quote