View Single Post
  #1  
Old 11-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Rotary Freak's Avatar
Rotary Freak Rotary Freak is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 195
Send a message via AIM to Rotary Freak
I broke a rear wheel connecting rod the other day..

As you might be able to tell, I'm not quite sure what to call it, but I guess its technically an axle. I broke it the other day (my own fault, I dropped the darn chassis..ON CARPET..from not very high up >.>) well, I freaked out and wanted to pull my hair out, then disassembled it and looked at the two pieces. I found where they broke and stuck them back..it actually fit back together tight but I wasn't going to fix it, so I went on a quick mission to target for some ultra-super-hold-glue. Got some crap called "Future Glue" and stuck it back together. It seems to hold pretty well and I'm having no performance problems, the wheels are spinning fine (I lost my drift motor in the process..but I hope its nothing a lil saudering iron action can't fix. Its replaced by a Stage 2 Drag). Has anyone else broken this and tried to fix it with success? My chassis is a Skyline..go figure, heh, but it was my own fault, not the Skylines.
__________________
I wish my Land Rover was a rotary
Reply With Quote