TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   SuperSlicks (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   New Super Slicks Body And Upgrades! (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18357)

YeLLoW GT-R R34 02-22-2004 08:08 PM

New Super Slicks Body And Upgrades!
 
Hello my fellow SSers. Today I went to Toys R Us and checked out the Super Slicks stuff. They had a new "1/4 Mile Race Kit" with the 2F2F Evo or Skyline shell, a new purple motor of 27,000 RPM, a purple gear of 3.8:1, slicks and the rims. It was for $10.99. They also had some new SS bodies, like a yellow skyline and red evo...but this time it had lights. Well I'll post some pics later and test out my Kit later.........since I gotta make sure my dad allows me to use the digital camera and to get back my SS from my dumb friend >.<.

Rmc0130 02-28-2004 07:00 PM

nice
 
please post some pix for us ASAP, sounds awesome

how much were the bodies w/ the lights in them?

was the skyline w/ the lights in it an R33?

also did u see and escalade?

and how what all comes w/ the quarter mile kit other than the new purple grears/motor?

one last thing ;) - was your toy's r us a normal one or some big one?

thanks -ryan

YeLLoW GT-R R34 02-29-2004 12:06 AM

Ill try to post pics ASAP,meanwhile, there is no R33 with lights, I think they also had mini coopers..no escalades..............the bodies were like $6.99, I live in San Francisco =D (415 teh bay way!) and its a small TrU. The "1/4 Mile Kit" comes with the Purple Motor, Purple gear ratio, Skyline or Evo Body, Matching Rims, Slicks, and that tuner tool thing.

mikirgra 03-02-2004 11:36 AM

My local TRU doesn't have the 1/4 mile kits or the body kits with lights yet. They do however have two new starter sets: Eclipse Spyders in orange and purple. They are UGLY. But then again, I'm not a big fan of the 1:1 Eclipses either.

mikirgra

YeLLoW GT-R R34 03-03-2004 02:09 AM

Pics!!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here you go...Pic 1

YeLLoW GT-R R34 03-03-2004 02:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 2

YeLLoW GT-R R34 03-03-2004 02:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sry....2nd one was kinda blurry :D but you could still manage to see.........and heres the last one...

Btman 03-03-2004 05:37 PM

I just saw this upgrade kit at my local TRU but they did not have the bodies with lights yet. I did buy the red Mini Cooper/ White Lancer Evo body set while I was there. That is one of the things I like about Super Slicks. The replacement bodies are easy to replace, resonably priced and nicely detailed. I do have a question about the tires in the 1/4 mile upgrade kit. Are these tires softer to provide a better grip than the stock tires or the tires in the original tuner upgrade kit?

YeLLoW GT-R R34 03-03-2004 07:48 PM

Not sure.......I think they are harder IMO......they are slicks

Rotary Freak 03-10-2004 05:28 PM

Cool, gotta get that motor. But uh I really don't want a 2 Fast 2 Furious body. I ended up getting the Skyline one for christmas so I guess I'll buy the EVO VIII one and never use it. Planning on painting my 2F2F Skyline (Anything to cover that crap up will look better.) I was scared at first, I figured the 1/4 Mile set would be some kind of weird playset that I'd never use..rather than just a motor and body. I'll look for those lighted bodies too.

george 03-20-2004 06:30 AM

yo guys. i got another superskick yesterday . it was the purple eclipse. did anyone notice that the front is from a 2003 eclipse while the back is 1995? i did. please tell me if it is supposed to be like that.

Rotary Freak 03-20-2004 09:31 PM

Actually. I think you're the first person that has actually bought the Eclipse body ;) , I took one look at that thing, shuddered, went "BLECH" and turned my attention away. So er, no I didin't notice. But I'd guess that yep, mistake..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.