TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZipZaps (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   No wonder my Layman's Tricell wasn't working! (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17799)

charliebrown 01-25-2004 07:08 PM

No wonder my Layman's Tricell wasn't working!
 
Well, I just recently bought a Toyota Supra ZipZap Starter kit, and installed the red gears from the beginning, threw in the NX motor, the slicks, and the 2F2F Lancer outlook, installing a Layman's tricell. I used this adapter for charging my ZipZap, I spliced the two wires apart and tested them to see which one was positive and which was negative, and soldered them to make the charger.

I figured that since the adapter pumped out 300ma, then it would be peak charged in 9 minutes and 36 seconds, and I left it on the charger for 10 minutes total. The batteries weren't even warm, and the car lasted only 2 minutes. I thought, "Good Grief! Why isn't it working!" I left it on the charger for 15, 20 minutes, and the runtime was increased. I talked to my dad, I gave him the specs, and he said it would pump out UP TO 300ma. I read the specs on the box, and he was right, it would pump UP TO 300ma, not put it out no matter what the situation.

From this, I decided that whatever I plugged it into, it would PULL the current from the charger, so I decided that the layman's tricell would PULL 40mah from the charger. I was correct, left it on there for a total of 20-30 minutes, and GOOD GRIEF! I noticed a difference of torque increase and speed increase.

I think tomorrow, when I get back from the high school midterm, I will watch TV while the car sits on the charger, and after 1 hour, I will zoom away.

I hope what I'm sharing isn't going to go to waste, like my Xmods guides. :cool:

Chuckster...

xxspeednplayaxx 01-26-2004 04:17 PM

lol i have a good story with charging, so like i was modifing my friends zz back in july and i decided to charge mine (stock batts) on my 12 charger, and well getting into the soldering i forgot about my car... about 15 minutes later my friend goes "hey dude somethins up with your car" i looked and the battery was enlarged to the point were it was deforming the chassis, as well as it was foaming.. lol never take your eyes off your charger!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.