TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   SuperSlicks (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   My Fairlady Z (pics coming soon) (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17429)

Rotary Freak 01-12-2004 05:41 PM

My Fairlady Z
 
Out of boredom (school lets out at 12:00 this week) I went and picked up another body set (Couldn't stand to look at that 2F2F Skyline anymore), I was looking for the new Subaru WRX STi but it was MIA, so instead I picked up the blue Nissan Skyline and 350 Z, When I came home I ripped out an exaust pipe from a Muscle Machines Skyline GT-R and stuck it on the back of the Fairlady Z (Yes I know its a dual exaust, but ah well, it looks really nice), it was a perfect fit, then I decided to be brave and try a permenant light mod, the thing was, I had no LED's..but what I did have, were some of those cheap gumball machine light up necklaces (I knew I was buying those for a reason ^_^), The lights are super bright, and will hook up easily once you strip down all that excess plastic. I had an INSANELY bright blue one, but I broke it in the process of removing the plastic wiring, luckily I had a backup neon green one, so I got that all fixed up and soldiered onto those PCB strips. Its kinda funky..I fixed it to where it'll only glow from underneath the rear (It sounds bad, but its nice..), I'll try to fix it up for more lights later..maybe. Hopefully I can get a new chassis soon and fix up another one. It turned out sweet, I'll get some pics once my girlfriend gets here this weekend with the digi camera. Hope you guys like it.

*edit* My glow color changed, I used a ZZSE taillight out of curiosity and its insanely bright, I rigged up some reflective stuff and now its got an evil red glow, I kinda like it, just not as much as the green..though the red even shows up in broad daylight so..

Rotary Freak 01-19-2004 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pics have arrived. Hope you guys like it.

Rotary Freak 01-19-2004 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2

Rotary Freak 01-19-2004 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
3

Rotary Freak 01-19-2004 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
4 (sorry if they're a lil weird, we lightened the pics so both glow and car will show up)

Rotary Freak 01-19-2004 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
last one for now, hope you guys like it, I know its not much. (if you're wondering, its not crooked underneath there, I think the camera flash screwed with the glow..)

Racer9 01-26-2004 05:28 PM

Looks cool

xmodfreak120 01-27-2004 01:28 PM

I like the exhaust pipe!

Rotary Freak 01-27-2004 06:45 PM

Yep, it looks alot better in person..but I think it turned out pretty nice too. Well worth ruining a perfectly good die cast metal car for.

harolife 03-16-2004 05:58 PM

kick ass car dude

Rotary Freak 03-16-2004 07:46 PM

Heh, funny you should reply to this now, Today I removed the vinyl from the doors (I thought it looked kinda weird) and left the hood/roof/trunk graphics intact. I'm thinking of either removing them or gloss clearcoating over them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.