TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   TTTT (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   my design please look at and comment (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15650)

sawhit4 11-28-2003 08:04 PM

my design please look at and comment
 
1 Attachment(s)
heres is my design for a 2wd monster truck style tttt. i plan to make the frame using brass but i dont know how to make the U joints to go from the gear that meshes with the motor gear to the worm gear for the back axel. the ones killer made look like exactly what i need but i dont know how to make them. i think that he works on a scale that would be impossible for me to do right. any help would be great. thanks.

Timbo337 11-30-2003 12:39 PM

Your design looks great, except that I think most rear axles on TTTTs are rigidly fixed to the frame, they don't articulate. Well, thats how mine works and a lot of others that ive seen. However, if you do plan on making it articulate, use springs to keep the frame and body level. If you mount the rear axle rigid to the frame, you won't need the u joints. It makes it so much simpler for your first truck.After you make your first, then I think you would want to go on to bigger things. :D

sawhit4 11-30-2003 01:35 PM

thanks but i think i will make it articulate. if i didnt wouldnt i still need the U joints so i could get the motors power to the axle which would be mounted about an inch below the frame?anyway i found some boat u joints that i think will work.

Timbo337 11-30-2003 07:06 PM

An inch below the frame? That sounds like a lot in 1/87 scale. But I have a gearbox that attaches to my motor, which I run a shaft from the gearbox to a worm gear that drives the axle gear. I'll get a pic soon, as I am almost done with the construction. Are you looking at the Graupner uj's? Just wondering, I've heard abot people using them, but I haven't seen any in real life.

sawhit4 11-30-2003 07:18 PM

oh sorry i forgot to post that this car will be about 1/30 something because it will be my first small car to make

Timbo337 12-01-2003 06:49 PM

Cool, a 1/30 scale truck. I'm going to make one of those soon too. Do you know what the part number for the boat ujoints is?

sawhit4 12-01-2003 07:22 PM

no i dont but go to www.towerhobbies and look under boats and i think there is a section didicated to u joints. you may also be able to find them by goin to the shop by manufacturer and lookin under traxxas. the joins are for one of the villan boats you should be able to find them at hobbytown usa.have you thought of where you will get gears? i might change my design to a more dune buggy style. i dont know yet

Timbo337 12-01-2003 10:25 PM

I think the Traxxas ones are too big, but I dont know for sure. Does anyone else know about using these boat joints?

sawhit4 12-02-2003 06:59 AM

ive heard the graupner joints are good but i havnt seen any. i checked tower hobbies and they dont carry graupner. i think you might have to order from another country.

egdinger 12-07-2003 10:22 PM

hobbylobby sells graupner (sp?) stuff check there.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.