TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mini-X (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   replacing the stock steering bar (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15032)

cdog4w 11-12-2003 03:30 AM

replacing the stock steering bar
 
I noticed that more than a few of you more experienced racers (takumi off the top of my head) have replacedthe X's stock steering bar. I was wondering what the advantages/reasons for doing that would be? I'm guessing at least part of it was to work with a non-stock servo. With the stock servo, would there be any reason to replace it?

Cian 11-12-2003 06:29 AM

It's a fairly light piece of plastic, prone to breakage. The other lads have just replaced it with something a little beefier!

cdog4w 11-12-2003 11:34 AM

Thanks, it also looks cooler :P

3series takumi 11-14-2003 01:10 PM

the stock one was ok, mine never broke and i put it thru alot. and since it was soft it protected the servo by flexing in a crash. i swaped mine out just because i wanted more precise control over the toe angle


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.