TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G Mods and Projects (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Can I mix NiMH and NiCd for dual battery mod? (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1393)

Def 09-29-2002 07:26 PM

Can I mix NiMH and NiCd for dual battery mod?
 
I got a NiMH and a NiCd battery. Was wondering if I can wire both in a series before I go and order a matching pair.

Namuna 09-29-2002 08:56 PM

You're a bit early for 4th of July ain't ya?

...That means it's a BAD idea to mix.

usagi 09-29-2002 09:26 PM

oh god...........boom!

Def 09-29-2002 09:39 PM

that's what i figured but care to explain exactly why they wouldn't mix well ? :)

tinyrc 09-29-2002 11:20 PM

Their differing internal chemistry results in different charging and discharging characteristics. Kind of like if you somehow made a car that had both a gasonline and diesel engine, what would you put in it, some kind of mixture? The result would be that neither would run properly, or worse. Same with batteries.

JaMeZzZ122 09-30-2002 02:14 PM

i'd just get 2 nimh batteries....they run longer adn are only like 3 bucks each...and does the controller mod on the qfm work with dual batterry mod with nimh baterries or only for the nicad batterries....im not talking about the stand alone charger


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.