TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   XMODS Parts and Hop-Ups (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Bearingless Graphite Driveshaft (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19027)

polyesterhat 04-08-2004 07:50 PM

Bearingless Graphite Driveshaft

Do you have a carbon Fiber Drive Shaft?
I am introducing the Bearingless Graphite Drive Shaft.

This mod is serious!
Check it out.
Look Here for the "XMOD LABZ" Homepage
There are some videos

I was amazed how much these things actually help the car. I replaced my carbon fiber one with it, and it went even faster.
These things dont even require bearings, or bushings, and they are lighter and stronger than carbon fiber.

WOW, seriously.

Thanks for looking.

aperson 04-08-2004 08:26 PM

have you tried to use the bearings with it? does it just get clamped btw the 2 holders?

polyesterhat 04-08-2004 09:24 PM

Yes, I have tried it with bearings, it works both ways. The bearingless feature just reduces friction, like if you have either crappy bearings, or just bushings, and it also reduces wieght. Did you watch the videos? Number 4 Is pretty cool. PS: sorry about the crappy bandwidth on that site.
Thanks

striker289 04-08-2004 09:30 PM

yeah ahh i think u would want bearings casue they reduce alot of friction and will the hold the drive shaft up so the gears all touch well with no bearings it will sag which i would think make it drive like crap. dats jsut what i think it might woork diff but doesnt seem like it would work good

polyesterhat 04-08-2004 10:26 PM

Did you look at the diagram that I made?
It shows that the shaft rests in between the two gears, or if there is not AWD it does not even touch the front bearing, b/c it is a tight fir in the rear bevel gear. It does not sag, trust me, i made it, and it works amazingly well, seriously, I discovered it on accident actually, lol.
Thanks

polyesterhat 04-08-2004 10:30 PM

Watch the videos, and see for yourself, they really dont do it justice though, but it was worth a try. The civic in the videos has a stage two white motor, but it is twice as fast as normal, cause of the shaft. I am not a liar at all, in fact I'm an Eagle scout, look at my good eBay feedback if you still dont believe me.

These shafts are really, really sweet. Trust me. Watch the vids.
Thanks

neurokinetik 04-08-2004 10:54 PM

Well, I'm not sure if it really works, as my Civic is all packed up to be shipped out, but any idea that strives to reduce the drivetrain losses in these things is a step in the right direction.

polyesterhat 04-09-2004 09:37 AM

neuro, I'm sorry, I did not understand what you said:

Quote:

Well, I'm not sure if it really works, as my Civic is all packed up to be shipped out, but any idea that strives to reduce the drivetrain loses in these things is a step in the right direction.
What do you mean by loses.
Thanks

polyesterhat 04-09-2004 12:31 PM

OK... due to popular disbelief, on other forums too, I have changed them to where they do need bearings, I swear that they dont, but I have stopped advertising them that way.

THanks

Tbird Man 04-09-2004 06:49 PM

look no offence, but i am not sure i trust someone who thiks being an eagle scout somehow makes him honest. and i won't believe it simply based on a video of what you claim is a stock xmod. perhaps someone would like to buy one and try it, but i am a skeptic.

polyesterhat 04-09-2004 11:50 PM

LOL, sorry that was really funny, i dont know why. Some people respect Eagle Scouts for their trustworthyness, and reliability, and hard work, other people dont care, like you, which is fine. I never said that it was a stock xmod, I have no idea where you got that from, on the video site I listed all the after-market upgrades that it had. BTW: due to popular disbelief, i changed them all to normal drive shafts, to make everyone happy, they now do require bearings.

BTW 2: I would not lie for selling stuff on eBya, cause I dont want to get bad feedback. Lying would definitely get it for me.

Thanks

newbitowner 04-10-2004 08:07 PM

Quote:

Did you look at the diagram that I made?
no

aperson 04-10-2004 09:09 PM

very very professional. lol heat sync, A-W-D. what suspension and steering upgrades? obvously RS'but what springs/dampers, what tie rod, whose rechargeable batts, what rechargable batts? and you cant get a real test out of a driveshaft until you have tested it with A/4WD. otherwise you have only tested it with 1/2 of the people that own a Civic, Skyline, Supra. and this will fit extended chassis? wouldnt you need a longer shaft for that? the sentence should say "Keep in mind, these drive shafts are only for a Civc, Skyline or Supra, or other chassis that use the same wheel base setting.

and you never answered my question. before you required the bearings did the shaft spin loosely? or was it sandwitched between the front and rear plastic holders?

i really am sorry if i sound angry. being in the same mini van for 10 hours with my father is no walk in the park. then getting home to tell him that his charger doesnt work and having him yell in you face for an hour about how stupid you are isnt really all that fun either. (with the way things are going now im seriously considering a way to end this. who wants my XMODS? and i do know i need help)

newbitowner 04-10-2004 09:24 PM

Ill take your xmods! I have broke 4 xmods because of shorts. I only have 1 xmod that works now. :mad:

polyesterhat 04-12-2004 12:19 PM

Ok, to try to answer your question.

First it was a mistake on my part to call it bearingless, They definitely need bearings, because they flop around too much, so i changed the name. They work fine normally.

THEY DO work with a-w-d, I was just saying the things that were on that civic xmod that I used to test it on. My friend has A-W-D, and we used his and it works fine, they are the same langth as the metal one, and they are identical on both sides. I just did not make vids of the other car with all wheel drive.

Thanks for your concern. Did you look at my feedback? on eBay, half of them had a-w-d, and they are all happy with it. I'll have your xmods too if you were not joking

Later, I have an 8-10 page english report due tomorrow.