TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   XMODS Parts and Hop-Ups (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   No X Mods 4 Me (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19925)

~S20o0~ 08-13-2004 02:35 AM

No X Mods 4 Me

Hi, I'm new here and just found out what an X mod was exactly like about 4 days ago. I couldn't wait to get my own x mod, So I went down to my local RS and they said they aren't available for sale here in Canada (sux living here) so i guess i'm out of luck. maybe one day i'll get one...while there still hot!...any one have any news 4 me?:( if not thanx anyways.

xThaiTX 08-13-2004 02:53 AM

all i have to say is that suk really bad because u cant get xmods. dont worry xmod is goinf to be at canada soon and that is a proven fact. they have upgrades for it already. check their site. another way is that if you had ne friends or relatives from the us you can ask them to send you one. sorry man. thats all i have to say is sorry.

xThaiTX 08-13-2004 03:16 AM

all i have to say is that suk really bad because u cant get xmods. dont worry xmod is goinf to be at canada soon and that is a proven fact. they have upgrades for it already. check their site. another way is that if you had ne friends or relatives from the us you can ask them to send you one. sorry man. thats all i have to say is sorry.

newbitowner 08-13-2004 10:07 PM

ebay? RS can't chip to Canada?

ill sell you one for retail plus shipping if you can't get one. ;)

Skurge420 08-22-2004 11:50 AM

I can hook ya up if ya need....I have a RS right behind my house
hell where are ya in canada.......i live like 2 mins from the border(N.falls, rainbow bridge area)

skklown 08-22-2004 06:51 PM

if u go to the canadian radioshack site....the civic and supra are availible. but i heard that stores wont get em till november

hotrod29728 08-26-2004 08:07 PM

Sorry and Rumors

First off I would like to apoligize for not responding in so long. Second I want to apoligize for RS sucking so bad and Third why in the hell didn't they make it an equal opportunity for people in US and Canada alike to recieve Xmods? Good luck dude and I hope RS won't be so stengy with the new Xmods that are coming out. Just to clarify this with anyone who doesn't know the black Skyline will not be recieving a body kit. It is already a custom so it will not be recieving one. I was told by a RS manager that is VERY dedicated to his Xmods and ZipZaps. As for the rumor of the 67 Camaro and the 65 mustang that is also true but, there will be no body kit for either.

cj1267 08-27-2004 07:13 AM

Re: Sorry and Rumors

Quote:

Originally posted by hotrod29728
First off I would like to apoligize for not responding in so long. Second I want to apoligize for RS sucking so bad and Third why in the hell didn't they make it an equal opportunity for people in US and Canada alike to recieve Xmods?

RadioShack US does NOT own RS Canada they just sell to them and odds are they used America as a test to see how well the sold before they exported them.

Quote:

Good luck dude and I hope RS won't be so stengy with the new Xmods that are coming out. Just to clarify this with anyone who doesn't know the black Skyline will not be recieving a body kit. It is already a custom so it will not be recieving one. I was told by a RS manager that is VERY dedicated to his Xmods and ZipZaps.
Then why do I have a Xmods Black Skyline body kit in my store?

Quote:

As for the rumor of the 67 Camaro and the 65 mustang that is also true but, there will be no body kit for either.
Wrong again they too will have body kits. From now till October Don't believe ANYTHING that anyone tells you about these things until you check my FAQ. I get it straight from the source.

newbitowner 08-27-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Then why do I have a Xmods Black Skyline body kit in my store?
I saw one in my local RS too. Are they rare or something? I might have to grab one if they're hard to come by.

hotrod29728 08-28-2004 07:27 PM

Grab it while you can they are rare to come by at the moment. I am standing in a RS store as I type this and the manager says that they are almost impossible to get. There are only like 15 in circulation as of right now. As for what I said about the rumors I just recieved info that they are going to have body kits and things thanks for the correction.:D

Twenty-Se7en 08-29-2004 10:11 PM

Hey, i'm in canada... I bought off of Ebay... find a decent seller and you wont get screwed... safer than you know... if you wont do that... wait a month and you'll have one at your local RS...

hotrod29728 09-01-2004 05:16 PM

Good point Twenty-Se7en and thanks again guys for the correction... Can't wait on the Camaro...:D

suprastu 09-18-2004 09:58 AM

The Xmods have officially arrived at RS, well at least the ones I've visited in Ottawa. If you haven't already seen in your corner of Canada they should be around soon.

Purchase price is 69.99 CDN dollars plus applicable taxes.

Unfortunately, the hop-up parts aren't here and don't really seem to be coming any time soon according the the RS stores I visited.

Just wanted to drop some news.

ZipZapin 10-02-2004 12:34 PM

Ok, drop the ****, like cj1 said, they are owned by 2 different companys. And another reason is becuase canada is so screwedd up, it take alot of money, and regualtion passes to get them into canada. You wanna blame someone? Blame the FCCA, its that way with all R/C controled cars.

hotrod29728 10-03-2004 09:41 PM

I guess you have a good point and that is a good expression of the FCCA I guess they just have their own heads to far up their own asses too far to see the real point of an R/C car...:rolleyes: