TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Aluma-Tech CNC machining (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   dNaNo Wheel Sets (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24213)

arch2b 08-02-2009 01:17 PM

dNaNo Wheel Sets

I am working with Aluma-Tech to properly document wheel sets by autoscale type. what i need help with is compiling the list of all available autoscales and the corresponding wheel diameters for each autoscale.

example (may not be accurate as this is just an example):
Nissan Skyline GT-R R35
front 20mm
rear 20mm

this may be available in document form for each body type but i need this in a compiled list so that it can be available for reference when selecting Aluma-Tech wheels for purchase.

MrNanoTrax 08-02-2009 07:43 PM

re-producing stock-sized wheels is one thing... nothing wrong with standard aftermarket parts. BUT when you go into re-producing ASC which are LICENSED scale models of brand name vehicles, is there any possibility you're treading into trademark/copyright/patent violation? not something you want to play with... as often as i see american merchants screaming about asian manufacturers stealing & profiting from amercian designs, i'm surprised to see you guys so eager to do the same thing.

arch2b 08-02-2009 07:47 PM

i don't think there is any real chance of having asc quality aluminum wheels made. realistically, your going to be lucky enough to get stylized recreations that resemble specifc wheel types.

dish, 5 hole wheels have been made for the mini-z since aluminum wheels became an option. infact, i think most were made in either asia or germany.

i'm actually not aware of any aluminum wheels (for resale) being made in the u.s. other than aluma-tech.

Jellis 08-24-2009 09:51 PM

What is the latest on aluminum wheels? Are they available?

arch2b 08-25-2009 11:56 AM

i'm pushing the process as much as i can to make it happen :) which it will. ;)

Marcro 08-25-2009 02:21 PM

More styles, sizes, width's and colors please!

Jellis 08-26-2009 12:52 AM

Are the aluminum wheels going to be the same dementions as the stock wheels? Diameter and offset. Can I order a 20R and it be the same as the kyosho wheels? I don't mean the display wheels

arch2b 08-26-2009 07:38 AM

yes, they will be the stock racing wheel sizes. not he display wheel sizes.

Marcro 09-13-2009 11:24 AM

I'm glad to know they will have different sizes. I was concerned at first that they would be universal. My Porsche and Countach will need a set.
Does anybody know what size wheels the Countach has? That's my next Dnano.

RealTracks 09-21-2009 02:31 PM

The direct replacements are available here
http://realtracksonline.com/dnano_aluminum_wheels.html

Marcro 09-21-2009 02:45 PM

Just saw that, but did not see 17's!
I really need a pair of 17F's for my Countach. I just tried fitting 18F's from my Porsche on the Countach and the front wheels would not turn full left/right with 18's on them. I hope they have 17's cause that was the car that needed those Centerlines most. The stock Dnano wheels that come with the car don't look right on the Countach at all.
I sure hope 17's are available!

I know I'll at least be getting a set for the 911. But was really hoping to get a set for the much needed Countach.

RealTracks 09-21-2009 05:29 PM

Marco,
They currently do not have anything in 17f. If sales pick up and some of their current inventory of dNaNo wheels starts moving they can tool up the 17f in a few weeks. I am amazed that they can sell them for $12.50 a pair for the quality and time they put into them.

Marcro 09-21-2009 07:26 PM

I'm disappointed. The Countach really needs 17's. I'm not sure how to make 18's fit the Countach without widening the front fenders. I'd rather stay away from modifying the DNano's body just to fit some wheels. I may look into just getting a set for the Porsche, although it looks pretty descent with the white ones I've got on it. It's the Countach that needs help.

Marcro 09-24-2009 10:09 AM

Despite my disappointment in the lack of 17's, I went ahead and ordered the two sets of wheels. I am going to see if those Centerlines will fit my Countach as I'm sure they'll be a visual improvement over the stock ones. The 5-spokes should look nice on the Porsche as well. We'll see when I receive them. Thank's Real-Tracks!

WOW! I just got confirmation from Aluma-Tech about my order that I placed for these aluminum wheels. They will make me a set of 17F's and 18R Centerlines for my Countach! :D
Now I'm a happy camper! Now the waiting game begins! LOL!

RealTracks 09-24-2009 08:46 PM

Thats great, The stock wheels have only been online for few days and I am getting a ton of email from Europe about them. Things must be starting to move for Aluma-Tech. I'm glad they will be able to add the smaller wheels to the line this soon.