TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G / MicroSizers (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Super bits now in stock... (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12467)

stampede720 07-21-2003 08:48 PM

Super bits now in stock...

Just to let everyone know, toyeast now has the Super bit Lambo LP500s and 911 GT2 in stock. And they come with a free 4.0 ( a typo perhaps they mean 4.2?) motor and gold heatsink. Sorry if this is a double post but i did a search and didnt see anything.

Bad Company 07-21-2003 08:56 PM

I know. I just ordered the 911 kit 2 days ago before they posted the special. I wonder if they will give it to me.

Canadian Bit 07-22-2003 03:08 PM

They're reliable.

Murcielago659 07-22-2003 10:54 PM

Yeah I wish I found out about this before I bought my ZipZap :). Owell, next month I guess...

Azimov 07-24-2003 01:08 PM

Hey guys, I've asked this before in other threads but no one seems to know the answer. Just what makes these Bits super anyways? Is it just the bodys and a faster motor? I mean, there isn't anything really revolutionary goin on under the hood is there? Like proportional controlls, longer wheelbase, or suspension? Been wondering ever since I heard the term "super".

vtheo 07-24-2003 03:10 PM

i think right now it boils down to a new controler, (with two buttons wired on the top, they dont do anything, yet) and super car bodys. it is a one speed car, but with the buttons on the controler all wired up... they could really become 'super'

Canadian Bit 07-24-2003 03:14 PM

Also; smaller back wheels, better ant., new pcb, and different chassis. I HAVE two so I know.

Azimov 07-24-2003 03:17 PM

Hmm, that's interesting. Those improvements sound good to me. Anyone know what the two top buttons may be for? I wonder why they are there if they don't do anything. Are they wired to the PCB with different components included?

PseduoRooter 07-24-2003 04:07 PM

You can also pop off the front wheel knuckles without opening the car. I guess they'll be releasing wheel sets to swap out later. Pure speculation on my part though.

ugh 07-24-2003 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Azimov
Hmm, that's interesting. Those improvements sound good to me. Anyone know what the two top buttons may be for? I wonder why they are there if they don't do anything. Are they wired to the PCB with different components included?
I think I heard the buttons will either be boosters (meaning three speed), or one will be a booster and one will be a slow-down button. These buttons will be included in the next series of SBCG.

Canadian Bit 07-24-2003 06:58 PM

I bet so. They also have put a place to hold a strap that will be included in the Company sets.

ph2t 07-24-2003 09:55 PM

Azimov,

the RF circuitry has had major changes to facilitate multiple channels, eg: 27A,B,C. I beleive the RF model will have changed from the super-regen design TOMY used in the first series.

Micro_amps and I have got some on order and once we get them we are going to start a reverse engineering project to map out the schematics of the RX and TX. This will be happening at ausmicro.com , our home turf...

ph2t.

ugh 07-25-2003 12:30 PM

Just Ordered One

I just ordered the SBCG Mazda RX-7 over at HLJ, along with a Countach pullback, a GT2 pullback, and the Zero pullback. Oh man, I can't wait till they get here, I'm so excited! It is amazing how I can spend a month's worth of money in a couple of seconds........it discusts me.

Canadian Bit 07-25-2003 03:14 PM

I've used my GT2 so much the paint already needs touchups!!!

boho 07-25-2003 07:47 PM

Other than a few cosmetic changes, there's really not a lot different. The range is still a problem even though they have different frequencies. Also, they continue the last command, for a little while, when they go out of range.

The buttons are wired up, but the car doesn't have a function for them.

PH2, when you get them can you check to see if there is any current differences in the mosfets, compared to the old ones?

I like the new bodies, but it's still the same old tomy. There is nothing really all that super about them compared to the old ones. I think they have more take off speed, that's why I keep requesting somebody check the mosfets.