TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dynamite Rocket Racer (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   YEA! Got one. (Which parts to hop up?) (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17751)

potentiality 01-24-2004 12:00 PM

YEA! Got one. (Which parts to hop up?)

Horizon is almost selling the Dynamite Hop/Up replacements for retail. So anyone know of any online retailers that are selling/(trying to get rid off). Parts for the DRR?

I wanted to buy the bearing kit, but $22 dollars is hard to swallow for something that small. (Any cheaper companies/outlets?)

I am also interested in the foam bumber.

The 7.2 cover that Dynamite sells? Is that neccessary? Or can one just use alternate methods (tape, velcro)?

Is their anyone selling a better rear shock (could I use a mini z overlander shock?)

Also can I go up to 9.6? I found some closeouts on some Toy East packs that are 9.6. I could always subtract two of the AA knockoff cells. But these came with their own chargers. I dont want to blow them up by overcharging them.

Spongebob 01-26-2004 08:55 PM

Ok, here we go:

1: I think the Radioshack XMODS bearings will work, but they are $20. No cheaper. I heard they are very helpful for acceleration and speed.

2:Foam bumper is just a piece of foam cut to a shape and has two holes drilled in it so that you can stick it on the body mount. You can make it at home.

3:No, the 7.2v holder is not neccessary. You can add two cells to make 7.2.

4:Shocks don't really help (it's on-road)

5:If you use 9.6, it will blow the ESC sky high. You have to buy a New ESC in order to make 9.6 work. If you do that, you also have to get a new reciever, so don't do it. Just wire in two extra cells with a radioshack two AAA holder. If you need instructions, PM me.

potentiality 01-27-2004 12:31 AM

Thanks bob, Might you know the dimensions (and how many) of the bearings? (I think the xmods are slightly wider in width). In short, a company said they would give me a discount and a package deal for a bearing set if I can supply them with the diameter?

Also, is there a pdf of the original manual floating around dynamites site somewhere? (I might be able to get the dimensions out of that).

On the bumber I just came across something today that I think I can cut out. :)

But with the shock.. It still would help. I raced 1/12 onroad (Carpet Knife) and having dampening worked wonders.

kylelucas 01-27-2004 06:50 PM

Rocket Racer bearings:
6 pieces >> 2 each front = 4 + 2 in rear motor mount for axle.

ID 3mm
OD 6mm
Width 2.5mm

Dynamite bearings rubber or teflon sealed

Xmods bearings
ID 3mm
OD 6mm
Width 2.0mm

Have not found a sealed version of 2mm wide bearings.

Hope this helps.

Spongebob 01-28-2004 05:01 PM

wait, what? aren't dynamite bearings the same as rocket racer bearings?

EDIT: I have the original manual. I'll check to see if it's there.

kylelucas 01-28-2004 05:42 PM

Dynamite is the Brand of Rocket Racer, as you know from the Box.

Dynamite makes RC products for all cars. They also make many sizes of bearings and bearing kits for most cars.

potentiality 01-28-2004 06:50 PM

If anyone is interested Boca bearing can put together a bearing kit for $21 which is 4 dollars cheaper than Dynamites.. They even said they can do one of their special ceramic ball sealed bearings But that is almost $50.

I also mentioned the Xmod, and it seems that others have been in contact before. The big problem is their manufacturer doesn't make a sealed or even a shielded bearing in that size. They said they can get green sealed on one end. Which still would be better than stock (face the shield to the outside).

Spongebob 01-28-2004 09:06 PM

that's still pretty expensive. I guess bearings just don't get cheaper.

potentiality 01-29-2004 03:25 AM

They do but here we are dealing with a mixture of supply and demand. Plus the fact that more precision is needed in smaller bearings like this to manufacture.

Anyhow supposedly because of a screwup with the person I got the kit through ebay with shipping, they are giving me a deal on the dynamite BB kit for under $19.

So I should have bearing right away! :D Wish there was a manual I could look at though. I mean I know how pancar diffs are put together, but usually they contain at least 1 other bearing in the diff assembly. So Im not sure how they are getting away with only 2 in the rear axle pod.