TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   XMODS (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   xmods are just toys (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15519)

pev942 11-25-2003 05:06 AM

xmods are just toys

having almost tried every car in these forums i dont understand why xmods are so popular they have to be the worst car that scale they simply cant turn i have a micro rs4 that would can out turn it easily that just isnt right and 1/10 buggy does also

XAnubis 11-25-2003 05:29 AM

I can give you some reasons:
1. Not everyone can afford a Micro RS4, or other higer end RC cars
2. XMods are a hell of a lot easier to work on then some of the bigger name ones
3. These were geared towards the young teen (13 & up) so they could get into it for lower cost.
4. They never stated these were high end cars, i mean so yours can turn better so what? with the right tuning the XMod can be just as nice for half the cash.
Thats just some reasons i see....you may not agree but hey i don;t care...if you don't like them then don't post in this part of the forum. Simple...eh?

~A~

4G63T 11-25-2003 06:17 AM

Re: xmods are just toys

Quote:

Originally posted by pev942
having almost tried every car in these forums i dont understand why xmods are so popular they have to be the worst car that scale they simply cant turn i have a micro rs4 that would can out turn it easily that just isnt right and 1/10 buggy does also
you can't compare the xmod to an rs4:o :rolleyes:

aperson 11-25-2003 08:28 AM

we can compare them if we want. it may not be right but we can. and not to mention there are a lot of teenagers on this site that dont have $200+ to spend on a high end rc. and tell us all about what you have in your XMOD. if you dont have any upgrades the car is gonna have a horrible turning radius.

viperkilla 11-25-2003 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by aperson
we can compare them if we want. it may not be right but we can. and not to mention there are a lot of teenagers on this site that dont have $200+ to spend on a high end rc. and tell us all about what you have in your XMOD. if you dont have any upgrades the car is gonna have a horrible turning radius.
I know, I cant even afford all the upgrades radioshack offers.

aperson 11-25-2003 11:23 AM

neither can i

corysmith 11-25-2003 11:56 AM

does cost factor in truly to the enjoyment of xmods? and stuff....
:bdrop: AND GIVE ME 25

KnotHole 11-25-2003 01:33 PM

Toys ????

Be easy on the X-Mods. Im a 35 yr old and I think there great. Bigger than the zip-zaps and smaller than the big boys. They have got a good starting price and great mods that can be done to them. As of right now if a person were to get all the extras that "RS" has, it runs right around $250.00. Thats not to bad if ya ask me. Everyone take care and have fun with these little monsters...:D

theMonster 11-25-2003 01:50 PM

RS4 is a toy too

Just an expensive one. A T-Maxx is a toy, an X-box is a toy....all of these are expensive items. Cost doesn't justify if something is a toy or not.

A Bit Off 11-25-2003 02:11 PM

xmods are just toys

Tell me something I didn't already know. Turn your brain on....they're all toys, no matter how serious you are about the hobby or how much or how little money you've sunk into your RC. I like toys :D

slugbugg 11-25-2003 03:45 PM

I drive one of my toys to work everyday and every RC is a toy, some just cost more and yes some are much better than others but that isnt always reflected in the price.

theMonster 11-25-2003 03:46 PM

reply to "I like toys"

Me too.....

RedRSX 11-25-2003 04:12 PM

Pev942 is just threatened by the potential of XMODS...while he is 46 years old and still lives in his parents basement, tuning his overpriced RS4...all of us are actually having fun with others becasue everyone can afford an XMOD. BTW Pev942 let me put a NML motor in my Xmod and it would make your RS4 look just silly:D

airline2 11-25-2003 04:40 PM

i personal love xmods

Nathan 11-25-2003 06:06 PM

Becuase I can't do donuts on my kitchen floor with my Nitro TC3.

Becuase I don't need 5 tons of support equipment to run one.

Becuase they are the perfect size.

Because they run forever on a charge.

Because... For $50 why not?:D