TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZipZaps SE (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Zip Zap SE FAQ (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13258)

Bad Company 09-07-2003 11:25 AM

Zip Zap SE FAQ

Q. How much do they cost?
A. $24.99

Q. What models are coming out and what are the part numbers?
A. As of 9/6/2003...

60-7026 Initial D Savanna (White)
60-7032 Initial D Efni (Yellow)
60-7028 Audi TT (Grey)
60-7034 Audi TT (Blue)
60-7027 2005 Mustang (Red)
60-7033 2005 Mustang (Silver)

Q. What upgrades will be released for the SE's?
A. The current Upgrade/Tuner Kits work with the SE's. They will also be releasing an Intital D Body Kit that will include a Toyota AE86 Sprinter & Toyota Levin SR body, a 28K & 34K motor, and complex water tires. Item# 60-7532 @ $12.99

Q. What other body kits will be available?
A. As of 10/8/2003...

60-7531 Initial D Body Kit 2 (October)
60-7533 Euro Sports Body Kit (November)

Q. Which parts are included with the SE starter Kit?
A. It comes with the SE chassis, body, and controller w/ strap, red 21.5K motor, blue gears, factory tires, hubcaps, motor clip, and trading card.

Q. How many batteries does the controller take? What are the charge & run times?
A. The controller holds 4 "AAA" batteries in a little saddle. The charge time is 60 seconds. Run time with the stock set-up is about 5 minutes with the lights plugged in, and 6 minutes without. There is a on/off switch on the bottom of the chassis where you can cut it off and save the charge until it's turned on again.

Q. Does it have proportional steering and throttle?
A. Yes, it has both proportional steering and throttle. There is about 4-5 steps in the steering.

Q. How many frequencies does it have?
A. Each chassis has one frequency with 6 channels selectable on the contoller just before charging the car. The Savanna starter kit is labeled as 27mhz. These are different frequency/channels than the first gen. 27mhz Zip, so in reality, you can race up to 8 cars if you include the first gen. 49mhz Zip. It is not known yet if the other SE starter kits will be 49mhz.

Q. How does the car know what channel to use?
A. You have to choose the channel within the first 10 seconds of the charging sequence. This is when the controller synchronizes with the chassis PCB.

Q. Does it have lights? How do they work?
A. Yes. The front white lights are lit while going in foreward and the rear red lights are lit when going in reverse. They can be unplugged if you wish.

Q. What kind of range do they have?
A. At this time, the farthest I can even drive mine is 15' (limited by kitchen length), but I have had the controller 30' away, and could still here the wheels spinning with the car sitting upside down on my desk in the other room.

Q. What kind of suspension does it have?
A. It has spring suspension in the front, but none in the rear.

Q. What parts are interchangable with the first generation Zip Zaps?
A. All the existing parts are interchangable including the bodies.
The front kuckles are different for all you modders out there.

Q. What size battery is in the chassis?
A. It has a 2.4 volt, 70mah battery. It appears to be 2 smaller cells wrapped end to end. The SE battery is longer than the first generation Zip battery and will not fit in it or a Bit without modding.

Q. What are all those buttons on the controller?
A. The controller has the steering wheel, the throttle trigger, a switch for left or right handed throttle, on/off switch, frequecy selector, steering trim, neutral adjustment, and charger release button.

Q. Is the ground clearance the same as the first generation Zip Zap chassis?
A. Yes, it has the same ground clearance.

Q. How fast is it compared to the regular Zip Zap?
A. My tests with identical motors, gears, and tires show that the speed is the same, but take off torque is lower in the SE.

Q. What is that black stuff on top of the PCB.
A. Who knows? It appears to be some kind of coating to A. Hide the design, B. Prevent interferance with the light system PCB, C. Prevent modding, or D. Appearance.

Q. Will the Bit CharG motor fit in the SE?
A. Yes, it will. The SE motor compartment is identical to the normal Zip Zap except that it has more of a "cradle" for the motor to sit in. I have also confirmed that the Perfection 4.2 motors will fit. I have noticed some issues with the MS motors, they have to be aligned up perfectly to make contact, and they sputter a little.

Q. Which Bit CharG/MS parts are compatable with the Zip Zap SE's?
A. So far I have confirmed that the rear axle and motor from the Bit CharG/MS will fit on the SE's. There sre issues with the motors though. See above.

Q. Will the front suspension springs on the Zip Zaps SE fit on the regular Zip Zaps or Microsizers/Bit knuckles?
A. No, they are too small.

More to come...

racemini89 09-07-2003 11:28 AM

thanx bc that awnsered alot of Q.

Zip Zap Pro 09-07-2003 01:05 PM

Yeah, very helpful, but when will the new tire treads be out? What duz the Hubcaps look like w/ the Savannah? Lastly, will they come out with instead of white lights in front, blue and stuff?

Namuna 09-07-2003 02:59 PM

Good stuff Bad Company.

slugbugg 09-07-2003 03:59 PM

sounds good but I want to know:

How smooth is the steering/throttle control?

Are there any noticable steps in the steering/throttle?

Bad Company 09-07-2003 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by slugbugg
sounds good but I want to know:

How smooth is the steering/throttle control?

Are there any noticable steps in the steering/throttle?

The throttle and steering seem pretty smooth. There is a noticable skip in the left hand turning though. There seems to be some kind of issues with the left turning. Got your yet Namuna? Same problem?

I count 4 maybe 5 steps in the steering to the right, but a lag, then about 2 steps to the left. (Added this to the FAQ.)

Namuna 09-07-2003 04:34 PM

Bad Company's pics are now available in the Gallery:

http://tinyrc.com/gallery/ZipZapsSE

TypeZer0 09-07-2003 05:35 PM

i say make this a sticky

Namuna 09-07-2003 06:23 PM

Yup

BabyKiller 09-07-2003 07:56 PM

bc can you edit your mistake in the question how many frequinces does it have

the anserw is one(27mhz) but there are 6 channels or else the car would have to have 6 frequincy crstalys in the controller and car instead it uses channels(27.1 27.2 27.3 274 27.5 27.6)

edit if some1 would like to say other wise then go ahead

Bad Company 09-07-2003 08:02 PM

OK, If you want to get technical.
No really, thanks for pointing that out. I was kinda in a hurry putting that together today, and just missed that. I looked it up in the instruction manual and they do in fact call them channels. Thanks for the heads up babykiller.

Anyone feel free to make any sugestions to correct or add to the FAQ and I will do so. Your input is appreciated.

sessiz10 09-07-2003 09:05 PM

Great faq you've put together here BC. Thanks.:)

Bad Company 09-07-2003 09:16 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys!

aaronjs04 09-08-2003 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bad Company
The throttle and steering seem pretty smooth. There is a noticable skip in the left hand turning though. There seems to be some kind of issues with the left turning. Got your yet Namuna? Same problem?

I count 4 maybe 5 steps in the steering to the right, but a lag, then about 2 steps to the left. (Added this to the FAQ.)

I found the same turning problem with mine while it was working.

eman1 09-08-2003 11:19 AM

Will a bit charg motor fit in these?
And will a bit charg rear axle fit on the new zipzaps?