TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Atomic Z-Cars (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   My Z can use the ZZMT controller (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22316)

'Vette Nerd 05-29-2006 07:21 PM

My Z can use the ZZMT controller

I know this section is dead now, but those of you that look at this section for Z car stuff, I found out something neat.
If you own a Zip Zaps Monster Truck with the same frequency as your Zcar, and your Z car has problems with battery life, range... You can put the Z car on the ZZMT controller/charger's prongues, hold it there and manually charge it for 45 seconds and then run it around with the ZZMT controller, and you might see a difference. I did with my Z car and have determined the controller that came with my Zcar is broken in the antenna.:( . So if you break your Zcar controller and you own a first edition or monster truck Zip zaps controller with the same frequency then your in luck!:D

Jazz32 05-29-2006 10:26 PM

You can charge it on a zzmt controller, but the zzmt is a 2 cell whereas the zz is one. There is a resistance on the cell in the zz's that creates a resistance for the current to flow. Running 4 batteries is going to double the amount of current through the cell in your zz that if it were on a regular controller. It might work now, but you are going to negatively affect that cell in the long run.

Snake Mod 05-30-2006 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HAHA

2 solutions:

GET a new remote

and

BUY this battery

'Vette Nerd 05-30-2006 08:31 PM

Thanks for the tip jazz32, I'll keep that in mind if I ever actually charge my ZZ on the MT controller, but we're talkin' about the Z car, which you can double charge right out of the box!(if you have been reading this section of the forum, you'de know) But I do worry though, since the zcar battery is way small than the ZZ, so the affect of the MT charger could happen more rapidly. And another thing, I can't find another controller for the zcar or remotely trust ebay or find the atomic toys web page, and you can't find zcar stuff like you could 4 years ago! As soon as I can unscrew the stripped screws on the zcar controller I'll fix or replace the antenna.
But I do appreciate the warning though:eek: . And thanks for the tip on what battery to buy snake mod!

Jazz32 05-30-2006 09:10 PM

hahaha.... he thinks I don't read the forums or know what I'm talking about.

It's true you can double charge, but again, that's a slower current rate that is much less likely to damage your battery. Charging twice on a zcar controller is not the same as charging once on a zzmt controller. There is a huge difference.

I usually double charge all my zz's, bit's, whatever micro RC vehicle I have.

Snake Mod 05-31-2006 02:37 PM

yeah, no one turns down Jazz32 advice and I do believe there would be a HUGE difference sorry but it's true 'vette

'Vette Nerd 05-31-2006 07:56 PM

Many apologies guys, I didn't mean to be such an igmo.:( I really should have double checked what I posted before I replied. I will be more considerate and more respectful the next time I post anything. Jazz is very right, So I plan to buy more AAAs and just use the original Zcar controller to charge the zcar and then use the mt controller to cover the controls so I don't fry the car. thanks alot 4 the help guys!

Jazz32 05-31-2006 08:15 PM

Don't sweat it. Just double cell that car of yours, then you can charge it on the zzmt controller you want to :)

'Vette Nerd 06-01-2006 12:16 PM

Thanx jazz.
Great idea, I think I'll try the dual cell:D. Sounds cool man!:cool: