TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bit Char-G Mods and Projects (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Project bit speed (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24047)

howgudami 04-23-2009 01:49 PM

Project bit speed

not exactly a bit but inspired by it....

ok so im going for a VERY fast car that is around a bit size.

so i am aiming for,

Carbon fiber chassis
Super soft rear tires, hard, narrow front
two 5.0 motors
steering = changing speed of motors
quad batteries - li ion

this thing will be all custom and pushed to the limit, for top speed.

what do you think it will hit (mph)

B18c_tuner 04-23-2009 07:49 PM

It is not worth it imo. What is speed if u can't even get it to the ground. A bit is too light in stock form and ur looking to make it even lighter which doesn't make sense. If I were u I'd get something a little bit bigger in size and use the ideas you listed and put them a chassis that could put the power to the ground.

howgudami 04-24-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B18c_tuner (Post 205339)
It is not worth it imo. What is speed if u can't even get it to the ground. A bit is too light in stock form and ur looking to make it even lighter which doesn't make sense. If I were u I'd get something a little bit bigger in size and use the ideas you listed and put them a chassis that could put the power to the ground.

what chassis do you suggest? (i want it to be extremely fast for its size)

B18c_tuner 04-24-2009 11:01 AM

well I would suggest anything 1/43 scale and up. If you have the money I'd get dNaNo($250ish) from hobby town usa, you'd have to call and have them ship it. If not you can settle for an epoch and just start modding from there. What are u trying to achieve? Going fast in a striaght line is fun for a few passes but it gets old after that. The 1/43 scale chassis is long enuff for it to be stable at high speeds(10mph and up) and small enuff to play with indoors, just like a bit. Hope this helps.

howgudami 04-24-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B18c_tuner (Post 205350)
well I would suggest anything 1/43 scale and up. If you have the money I'd get dNaNo($250ish) from hobby town usa, you'd have to call and have them ship it. If not you can settle for an epoch and just start modding from there. What are u trying to achieve? Going fast in a striaght line is fun for a few passes but it gets old after that. The 1/43 scale chassis is long enuff for it to be stable at high speeds(10mph and up) and small enuff to play with indoors, just like a bit. Hope this helps.

indoors, that is very fast in a straight line, but also can handle tracks (thats why i want propo)

thank u

B18c_tuner 04-24-2009 03:47 PM

indoors, that is very fast in a straight line, but also can handle tracks (thats why i want propo)

The 2 cars i suggested can do just that. But i'd get a dNano.