TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZipZaps (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Dual Speed ZZ's (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2704)

hawaiiboy 10-30-2002 10:39 AM

Dual Speed ZZ's
 
I have an idea that I think I might try. Let me know what you guys think.

Lets say I did a dual motor mod using a NOS and a Turbo Motor and then tried a No-Reverse Mod without actually getting rid of the reverse but actually applying it to the second motor. Then while pushing the zips forward with the Turbo Motor (which I have plenty of control with) I could simply "drop it in reverse" to get the boost of the NOS motor on straight aways. D o think it would work?? Only one way to find out.

Namuna 10-30-2002 11:12 AM

Hey hawaiiboy,

That's an interesting idea...But I'm thinking that the pros might not be good enough to outweigh the cons.

Definitely let us know if you do this mod though, I'd be interested to hear how it turns out.

Good luck!

Kajoq 10-30-2002 03:10 PM

What are you going to rig the 2nd motor too? you would have to extend the chassis and put in a second axle... Or something. But there is no place for a second motor

natedogg4674 10-30-2002 10:32 PM

i dont see how this would be possible, do u plan on putting the 2nd motor to the front tires..... 4 wheel drive??? i tried to see what u mean but im stumped as to how the other motor would mork????

hawaiiboy 10-30-2002 10:38 PM

Well now maybe I am jumping the gun, it was just an idea now. I thought I had read somewhere in these posts that there was a dual motor mod. My first step will be refering to those. I've tried to search it but am not comming up with anything. Does anyone know how these work, or if they are possible.

zipzap 10-30-2002 11:28 PM

?dual battery?
 
:confused: how now brown cow?
I have no idea how you might do it.
I think you confused the dual battery mod with something maybe to much Knight rider "turbo boost KIT!

Nightwing 10-31-2002 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Anything is possible. Hum.

Maybe if you remove the two NPN transistors of the H bridge. Hook the slow motor to the "forward" PNP transistor and the "backward" one to the other motor it may work. May want to connect a dioded to feed current to the first motor.

I dont thing you want to "feather" the slower motor so do a diode would make sense or add an extra feed through a diode from reverse base PNP to Forward base PNP.

Would be somthing like this. Use at your own risk. :)

zipzap 10-31-2002 12:08 AM

go wing man
 
How do i do the stealth mod?
Do i need the fusion reactor?

Nightwing 10-31-2002 12:10 AM

While everyone is thinking on this could this give both high speed and return reverse for the ground mode? Just a though... :)

wild03 10-31-2002 04:39 PM

Quote:

Anything is possible. Hum.
DEEP!! even if one can overcome the electronic problems, how about the mechanical factors??? even if you manage to add the second motor having both motors connected directly to the axle (no clutch) means that withever motor is doing the work will have to not only turn the tires but the other motor as well. I assume the extra drag and friction will degrade performance quite a bit.

:rolleyes: just my two cents.

Nightwing 10-31-2002 04:49 PM

You are 100% correct! Also if one is deheading it also produceing current. Small but some.

Steve 10-31-2002 05:25 PM

thought
 
What if you just ran the NOS motor and slapped a variable resistor on the forward feed...then you could cut down the voltage on the forward feed however much you needed for control, and leave reverse wide open?

Nightwing 10-31-2002 06:33 PM

Hum. There is a Japanes site that added a PIC Embeded cpu for speed adjust. A 12c508 or 09 I think. If you go to QFM site its one of the bottom links there.

Also if someone had a wiring diagram of a boster car would be intersting to see if a regualr car could be moded to work. The TXC2 chip in the controller has the boost pin.

Also could cut the voltage feeding the control on the H bridge also.

wild03 11-01-2002 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nightwing
Hum. There is a Japanes site that added a PIC Embeded cpu for speed adjust. A 12c508 or 09 I think. If you go to QFM site its one of the bottom links there.

Also if someone had a wiring diagram of a boster car would be intersting to see if a regualr car could be moded to work. The TXC2 chip in the controller has the boost pin.

Also could cut the voltage feeding the control on the H bridge also.

Interesting, but I wonder how the speed is controlled from the remote!! I assume that our cheap remotes only send one signal for forwards and one for going backwards and nothing in between.

What we need is a dual ratio gear assembly, controlled by the motor's rpm... :) I know I'm day dreaming but I never imagined driving a miniature RC either!!! :D

Nightwing 11-01-2002 10:45 AM

Simply by using Pulse width modulation IE varing the duty cycle of the voltage to the motor will do the same. Kind of like how a DigiQ-iRacer-Booster car works.


Oh here is the guys site:
http://www.age.jp/%7Eex2/bit.html

Its a bit of the way down and remember to use altavista translator since its in Japanese. :)

Bet withing a year or so the cars will be smaller and full speed steering variable! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.