TinyRC.com

TinyRC.com (http://tinyrc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Tiny RCs (http://tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Monster truck conversio (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10229)

Lord_Nick_D 05-26-2003 04:34 PM

can you post it easier
I cannot open it I tried unziping it

killer 05-26-2003 07:03 PM

:ö: i tried uploading it again as unzipped mpg file, but here's what happened :( ...

vBulletin Message
You have attempted to upload an invalid type of attachment. The valid extensions for attachments are: gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg

i guess only zipped mpg is allowed. :(

slugbugg 05-26-2003 09:43 PM

Oh man HEY Killer you really need to pull those pics of that truck off the net, it's driving me crazy (short drive).
Its a very good truckalthough it looks like a the links are straight out how are you keeping the axles from shifting left and right?(I want to start mine so bad)

I will start into making my mini monster truck just as soon as I finish my custom chassis for my microsizer I'm using the microsizer as a learning project.
I think I'm going to go for the 1/43 mini monster truck and use the controller from my RS viper and the cool little axles from the road champs 4x4's.Now that I have seen just what My machine can do, I think I'll be able to make some nice u-joints/mini knuckles for it.

killer 05-28-2003 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by slugbugg
Oh man HEY Killer you really need to pull those pics of that truck off the net, it's driving me crazy (short drive).
Its a very good truckalthough it looks like a the links are straight out how are you keeping the axles from shifting left and right?(I want to start mine so bad)

I will start into making my mini monster truck just as soon as I finish my custom chassis for my microsizer I'm using the microsizer as a learning project.
I think I'm going to go for the 1/43 mini monster truck and use the controller from my RS viper and the cool little axles from the road champs 4x4's.Now that I have seen just what My machine can do, I think I'll be able to make some nice u-joints/mini knuckles for it.

:ö: :p thanks sulggbugg, about the links... i'm not using any ball joints on the truck links unlike the 1/10 version, where most links are made of balljoint, which is one reason why their axles shifts from left to right, co'z balljoints can move around on any direction freely, unlike a fixed joint, that move on one direction only ;), and another reason why i did not use balljoint? there's no balljoint that small available on my LHS :p,

slugbugg 05-28-2003 04:32 PM

Well here is an idea that I plan to use on a mini monster truck with links it is very simple and should work nicely(although I havn't tried it yet).

Use a very small rubber grommet I have found some at hobby shops that will just fit a 4/40 bolt through, you have to figure out your spacing for the holes in the links then drill them to fit snugly over the grommet then just use a 4/40 bolt and bolt it to the chassis the grommet should give enough to act as a ball joint but not be sloppy.
Like I said I havn't tried it yet but when I do I think I'll sleeve the inside hole of the grommet with two brass tubes(to ack as bearings), with the one on the inside around the bolt slightly longer so the one inside of the grommet can rotate easy and I'd throw a couples of thin washers on also.

It's just an idea it may or may not work it's just the simplest way I could think of doing a small functioning ball joint.It may not need any more than the link,grommet and bolt.

killer 05-31-2003 06:53 AM

my new 1/32 4WD chassis
 
1 Attachment(s)
hope you like it!

killer 05-31-2003 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
next..

killer 05-31-2003 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
beside a Nokia 3530 cellphone...

killer 05-31-2003 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
front view... and check out the ground clearance!!!

slugbugg 05-31-2003 08:26 AM

looking good

Lord_Nick_D 05-31-2003 03:05 PM

nice
what kind of body are you putting on it

killer 06-01-2003 03:43 AM

:ö: thanks guys, the body i will use for this chassis is Tamiya 1/32 Toyota Land Cruiser Paris Dakar Rally version, from which, where i also based the chassis wheel base and the chassis measurement, i also plan to make this truck waterproof, so it can be submerged on mud or water... just like the o'l tamiya 1/10 (?) "bruiser" promotional video.. where they take the truck to almost headlight deep water, they were sooo coool! :cool:

http://videos.radiocontrolzone.com/vintage_tamiya1.zip
http://videos.radiocontrolzone.com/vintage_tamiya2.zip

-æ


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.