TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > MZRSpoon

Rate this Entry

My Collection...

Posted 02-15-2008 at 06:07 PM by MZRSpoon
I don't know how many Mini-Z's the average Z owner has but I try to keep it to a useful number. Here's my current collection in no particular order.

First, the offroad vehicles.

Mini-Z Monster.

I won this little beast in the DC GTG racing series about two years ago. The build spec is top notch with alloy shock towers, oil shocks, gunmetal wheels, a 2x2 FET stack and some other well-placed alloy bits. It's heavy but durable...perfect for the C-ville and DC bash sessions.

My "Monster-Land"

I don't know what prompted me to do this, I think it was the fact that I wanted super swapmers on an OL without having to do an extended shock mod. It took some time to find the right combination of OL parts and monster parts so everything fit without binding. It's really top heavy and rolls anytime you turn at speed but I still think it looks cool.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2397/...c06c75b5_o.jpg

Another fun car...the drifter...

This is my only AWD. I've owned two others but they are just too finicky. This one changes bodies based on my mood. The Trueno AE86 is always a classic drifter but I've been partial to the STi's lately. I've got an older rally style STi and a newer white Sti that I picked up from a fellow forum member.

And the "Serious" Racers

HFAY Racer

Since this is the car I race the most I figure it's worth mentioning first. I'll devote a full post to setup details but the MR-02 MM McLaren has stood the test of time. I've tried other bodies but for stock class racing the McLaren seems to hook up really well. It may not be as nimble as some shorter RM bodies but it suits my driving style. This one is due for a new paint scheme.

MR-015

This is my chameloeon car. Right now it's setup as a HFAY backup with a C5R body. Tomorrow it could be a Nascar ready to turn left. I originally got it to race the DC classic car enduro. I don't race this one much but I really want to keep an 015 around just in case.

Formula 1

This one is out of commission right now. I had it setup as an AD car but decided to take it apart and put the AD into another chassis. I am looking for a stock board for this one...or maybe an F1 readyset without the controller if I can find one in stock.

AD Band Racer

This one is still taking shape. My first Z was C5R so I am going back to my roots to see if I can setup a formidable open class racer. This setup might get changed over to a 2.4GHz car since the power should be very similar. Still trying to tweak this one to get some of the push out of the chassis.

So that's the total count right now. Seven cars, ready to roll at the drop of a hat. I guess maybe not the F1 but soon...when I figure out exactly what I want to do with that one.
Total Comments 0

Comments

Recent Blog Entries by MZRSpoon