TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > Color0's Micro RC Blog

Color0's Micro RC Blog -- A technical brain dump from the mind of yours truly...
Reviews
Old

Body Comparo: Mosler vs. 599XX vs. GT-R GT500

Posted 07-13-2011 at 06:51 PM by color0
Updated 07-13-2011 at 07:01 PM by color0
Hi folks, going back to a more general-racing theme this week -- today's article will be about three of the most popular 98mm racing bodies, the Mosler MT900, Ferrari 599XX, and Nissan GT-R GT500 2008. Since I've raced and done well with all of them we can explore their characteristics, quirks, pros and cons, and hopefully it'll be some additional insight that you can use to improve your Mini-Z game.

First let's look at TRP's racing phenomenon, the Mosler MT900:

TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews
Old

PN Racing RCX Championship 2011

Posted 04-08-2011 at 04:58 PM by color0
As promised, more review of the RCX Sunday race, the PN Racing RCX Championship.

Sunday's race took place on the exact same layout of track, but now run in reverse! The cars now come down and leftward on the center straight:

Now this time around, I got a tip from PN Mod driver Grant M. that PN X-Pattern 15 front tires, mounted on 19mm rims for more tire flex, might be the way to go....
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews
Old

RCP West Coast Mini-Z Challenge 2011

Posted 03-27-2011 at 08:56 PM by color0
It's been a week already, but just last weekend I had the wonderful experience of attending RCX in Pomona, CA and participating in not just one, but two giant Mini-Z races with a very high level of competition! I shared a lot and learned a lot, and so for these two weeks I'd like to share with everyone what I did for the races, what I picked up, and of course how I did as well.

So where to begin? Here's the layout we ran over the weekend -- a giant, brand new RCP track laid out...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews
Old

Lot of Pivots -- MR03 Double A-Arm & T-Plate Hack

Posted 02-13-2011 at 07:54 PM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:30 AM by color0
Hey everyone, this week I finally built up my MR03's new PN double A-arm front end properly, as well as implemented a clever T-plate hack taught to me by EMU on the Mini-ZRacer forums. I haven't hit the track with these changes yet, but I do have some impressions to give, especially pertaining to the new front end by PN Racing.

1. Horizontal play is VERY minimal. That's wonderful, steering precision...
TinyRC Pro
Old

Mini-Z MR-03: First Drive

Posted 11-27-2009 at 08:15 PM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:32 AM by color0
So, I finally took delivery of my MR-03, and I have to say, this is the most exciting purchase I've made in a long time. Like Cristian from Reflex Racing has done, I wasted no time in hooking this car up with the latest PN Racing hop-ups in preparation for a track test of this baby, to see whether or not Kyosho's 02 successor can live up to its older brother's racing pedigree.

As noted before, the new 03...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews