TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > arch2b

Rate this Entry

Some thoughts and quips on the first annual DC Endurance Race

Posted 02-24-2008 at 01:45 PM by arch2b
QUICK post to show the teams and results
i'll post more later but THANK YOU to everyone that participated and NCRC who hosted the event.

First and foremost, it's OVER. Whew, what a relief. I nwo have lots of extra time to get back to other projects and will sleep easier know ing it's all done and went very well.

I’d like to thank all the guys who took time out of their schedule to travel down/up for this race. Even though I did not drive, it had a great time meeting a large number of forum members and watch some great racing! I don't have the patience to watch racing on TV however it was hard to take your eyes away from the track for all 3 hours.
I can't thank them enough for hosting. Just as last time, it was a great time for everyone. The raffle items were much appreciated and a very generous gesture.

I have to thank mini-zracer for sponsoring the white bodies for all the teams . While some may have not liked the choice per sae, I was glad to see they exceeded my expectations regarding durability. Of course, EVERY small part broke off on many if not all the cars; only one car to my knowledge had what I would call a structural crack/deficiency. I will definitely have durability in mind for next years decision I was shocked at how well the teams decorated their cars! A vast majority has some serious time/effort put into them, judging from their appearances. It really added to the event in my opinion as it was very nice to see 9 individual cars vs. multiple white, test or open face Lexus cars.
This leads me to the best in show aspect, we simply ran out of time to get this done in any organized manned. I’ll post pictures (I only have the core images) and we can vote for the winner. The winner will receive a new toms open face auto scale and a new unpainted sc430. I’ll let the team fight it out as to who get what.

There was an obvious amount of bashing with 9 cars on a 2 wide tile track (what idiot picked that one, Me ). Throughout it all thought, I thought everyone handled it very well. I was very impressed with the level of courteousy shown thru out the event.
I don't mean to single out Team Seven Cities but they are admitted novices. I am very glad and impressed they have the courage to jump into their first large scale race and first real endurance race and finish! Kudos to the new guys . It takes some guts to do that and I applaud you for doing so.

Yep, there was some bad glitching under one or both of the suspended outlets. I’ll let it slip now; next year will all be 2.4 GHz . This should solve all the frequency and hopefully glitching problems. How to get thru this area was slightly differnet for each team. For me, I had ot make sure I did not stop in this area. As long as I was on throttle it was fine.

I highly recommend 3 person teams. This makes driver changes/battery changes/marshalling much easier. Yes, we were often short on marshalling. I made the executive decision to not drive in lue of providing a full time marshal; I have the rug burn from 3 hours of kneeling to prove it. Given the track layout and 9 cars, it was dearly needed in at least 3/4 spots. My apologies to anyone if I missed your car or did not get to it quickly. Quinny, you got lucky buddy . A split second later and your foot would have landed on a car coming down the straight .

I’ll be posting a new thread on feedback strictly related to what you think I did right and what I bungled in the planning/running of the event. Please save those comments for that thread and be kind . This will all go toward the planning of next year’s event.
Total Comments 0

Comments

Recent Blog Entries by arch2b