TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > Color0's Micro RC Blog

Color0's Micro RC Blog -- A technical brain dump from the mind of yours truly...
Tips and Tricks
Old

Going MOD: Getting Started

Posted 06-26-2011 at 11:07 PM by color0
Updated 06-29-2011 at 09:27 PM by color0
If you're like me, you probably started racing Mini-Z's in slower classes first, to build up some experience and "feel" for how the cars work. Now you've gotten the hang of Kyosho stock, 80t or 70t motor racing and want some more attitude out of your car, so you're thinking, "Hm... should I go Mod?" That's exactly where I was standing just a few weeks ago, so with my most recent experiences at RC Kenon and Cruzin with RC's, I may be able to offer a little helpful insight. ...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Old

Chassis Stiffness in Detail

Posted 05-17-2011 at 01:46 AM by color0
A recent development on the forums regarding the Mini-Z MR03's chassis stiffness inspired me to write about it a little this week, and give my own perspective on it: what does chassis stiffness do, why is it important, and how do you know how much you need? Let's discuss.

Generally, when we talk about Mini-Z setups, we talk about front end, and rear end; tune the front end for steering and response, tune the rear end for traction and forgiving behavior, etc. etc. But the art of...
TinyRC Pro
Old

A Little More Tire Science

Posted 04-20-2011 at 05:28 PM by color0
Sorry for the missing week, guys, I've been catching up with real life for a bit before sinking back into RC debauchery.

This week I'd like to share with everyone some of the little things I've with regards to tires, especially some of the things I picked up from RCX. If you've ever scoured the net before for RC info, you're most likely familiar with the notion that tires are 80-90% of your setup. And it's true! You get your tire choice wrong and you won't even be competitive in...
TinyRC Pro
Old

Attention to Detail

Posted 03-08-2011 at 09:19 AM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:28 AM by color0
Setting up a Mini-Z for club racing is not extremely difficult -- you start off with a working baseline, get your parts installed, jump on the track and it's typically good enough to work with. But if you want to get the absolute most out of your car, set lap records, go race the Worlds', then you have to start back at square one: assembly. This article will go over all the little places I've found so far where you can make an improvement from a stock Mini-Z -- once your base is good, you can go...
TinyRC Pro
Old

Lot of Pivots -- MR03 Double A-Arm & T-Plate Hack

Posted 02-13-2011 at 07:54 PM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:30 AM by color0
Hey everyone, this week I finally built up my MR03's new PN double A-arm front end properly, as well as implemented a clever T-plate hack taught to me by EMU on the Mini-ZRacer forums. I haven't hit the track with these changes yet, but I do have some impressions to give, especially pertaining to the new front end by PN Racing.

1. Horizontal play is VERY minimal. That's wonderful, steering precision...
TinyRC Pro