TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > Color0's Micro RC Blog

Color0's Micro RC Blog -- A technical brain dump from the mind of yours truly...
Z Science
Old

599XX: Flex and Aero Short Post

Posted 08-15-2012 at 03:17 AM by color0
Updated 08-15-2012 at 12:23 PM by color0
Lack of Internet last week, sorry guys.... anyways, new developments.

I recently got to run my 599 and Grant M's 599 back to back, and I noticed that while mine is WAY more stable in the rear end, Grant's loses only a little bit of rear end stability but gains a lot of front end traction, whether or not the front grill is opened up. The result of this was me getting owned at our Kenon "hot lap" battles, 8.036 vs. 7.852. Clearly I'm not happy about that so I've got work...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Z Science
Old

The Super GT Wall Handling Problem: Solved!

Posted 01-18-2012 at 05:34 PM by color0
As tinkerer first and a racer second, I don't like admitting that the Mosler MT900 is the fastest and only competitive body at the top levels of Mini-Z racing. I admit it's fast: with great corner speed, on-throttle stability and superb wall handling, I'm not surprised that the PN Worlds this past year was contested almost entirely of Moslers. But on the other hand, the Super GT Nissan GT-R and Honda HSV-010 have a little less stability but noticeably more corner speed: whenever I put them back-to-back...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Z Science
Old

Diffuser Aerodynamics, Rd. 2 Pt. 2

Posted 11-13-2011 at 11:38 AM by color0
Sorry for skipping October, everyone, it has been a helluva school term so far (and not even for academic reasons!) and it won't be until January that I'm back to regular Mini-Z updates.

Anyways, the F430 is back from the Dr. Kustom shop and even with some racing wear it looks gorgeous:

It's probably stupid to run those large offset wheels (+2.5N/+2.2W! Didn't think it'd fit under an F430,...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Z Science
Old

Rear Diffuser Aerodynamics, Rd. 2 Pt. 1

Posted 09-26-2011 at 04:51 PM by color0
Recently I've picked up a new F430 body, but instead of choosing the ubiquitous F430GT, I bought the street-version F430 instead for two reasons:

1) The front bumper sits higher off the ground, allowing me to lower the front end of the car more with minimal plastic trimming. I don't like to trim the front bumper horizontally across the front as it's hard to keep it perfectly level. And keeping it perfectly level is the key to obtaining consistent aero properties across the width of...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Z Science
Old

Mini-Z Aero Development, Pt. 2

Posted 03-02-2011 at 12:44 AM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:29 AM by color0
So if you recall a couple weeks ago, I posted that front diffuser work, and surprisingly well too considering the size and actual speed of these little cars. So if we can get away with front diffusers, what about rear diffusers? I hadn't even finished making one yet before a fellow MZR member made a beautiful underfloor and rear diffuser for his Mini-Z (credits to Rune on MZR):

TinyRC Pro
Posted in Z Science