TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > Color0's Micro RC Blog

Color0's Micro RC Blog -- A technical brain dump from the mind of yours truly...
Reviews
Old

Mini-Z Racing Surfaces Across the World

Posted 10-03-2009 at 06:06 PM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:33 AM by color0
Since the introduction of the Mini-Z, well over half a million cars have been sold -- that's a lot of Mini-Z. And while many may serve out their lives as shelf queens or office toys, many are also actively raced, either at sanctioned events or informal gatherings between friends and acquaintances. But where and on what? Due to space constraints, cost constraints, materials availability, etc., Mini-Z tracks across the world have been constructed using many different surfaces. In this article, we'll...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews
Old

Atomic World Cup Warm-Up Race Report

Posted 09-20-2009 at 04:24 AM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:35 AM by color0
To be honest, I didn't have any other material to post this week, so allow me to slack a little and just write about what went down at the Atomic Warm-Up Race yesterday, Sept. 19.

Basic information: There were basically only three classes, all 2WD. Atomic Stock (Kyosho/Atomic parts only), Open Stock (any hop-ups), and Atomic Youth (Kyosho/Atomic parts only, must be 13 or under, I think). All classes used the superb Atomic USA Standard motor.

So starting last Thursday...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews
Old

Wheels: A Short Discussion.

Posted 04-09-2009 at 12:01 AM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:36 AM by color0
So with the Mini-Z market having become as mature as it is, there are quite a few ways to deck out your Mini-Z, one of the most popular being wheels -- or rims, as I usually call them. There is a LOT of selection out there, not just in styles, but also materials, widths, and offsets (the additional track width that they will give your chassis). So this week I thought I'd go over the choices you have and their pros and cons, and the applications for the different kinds of rims on the market. ...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews
Old

2WD Magic Parts: Front Wheel Bearing Spacers

Posted 02-25-2009 at 07:37 PM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:37 AM by color0
One of the largest downfalls to the Mini-Z MR-01/015/02's design is the fact that the front wheel bearings have empty space between them. That is, when installing a wheel, you cannot tighten the nut all the way because that would bind up (and eventually damage) both wheel bearings. But that leaves the front wheels with a very noticeable degree of slop, which makes itself evident in the car's handling. To be able to tighten the nut down, you need a spacer in that empty space to take up the load....
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews