TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs

Color0's Micro RC Blog -- A technical brain dump from the mind of yours truly...
Old

Box Stock Mini-Z Tuning

Posted 01-31-2012 at 05:42 PM by color0
Box Stock is a Mini-Z racing class getting popular nowadays because of its low entry cost for serious racing action -- anyone can go out and buy an MR-02EX for $180, put in some AAA's and off you go! It also appeals to veteran racers because of the potential for even-performance racing: in theory, no one racer will have the advantage of the part-of-the-day cutting-edge upgrade, everyone will gravitate to the same gear ratio, same motor, same everything.

But of course, this is my technical...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Old

The Super GT Wall Handling Problem: Solved!

Posted 01-18-2012 at 05:34 PM by color0
As tinkerer first and a racer second, I don't like admitting that the Mosler MT900 is the fastest and only competitive body at the top levels of Mini-Z racing. I admit it's fast: with great corner speed, on-throttle stability and superb wall handling, I'm not surprised that the PN Worlds this past year was contested almost entirely of Moslers. But on the other hand, the Super GT Nissan GT-R and Honda HSV-010 have a little less stability but noticeably more corner speed: whenever I put them back-to-back...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Z Science
Old

The Penny Drop (or Quarter/Dime/Spur...)

Posted 01-15-2012 at 02:02 PM by color0
Today, a quick and simple test for tweak brought to you originally by the 1/12 pan car crowd: the penny drop test. Basically, it's a really easy way to see if your chassis is places equal weight on the rear tires, so long as your front end is already guaranteed even.

Why that last sentence is so: The penny drop test can only tell you if the car is overall tweaked -- it cannot tell you which part. So if your front end is tweaked but your rear end is fine, or your front end is fine...
TinyRC Pro
Old

MR03 Chassis Swap (or Why I Hate the 03 Sometimes)

Posted 12-29-2011 at 11:44 PM by color0
Hope everyone had a merry Xmas!

Just about 1.5 weeks ago I went to Inside Line Racing for their last points series race, and managed to come home 3rd in Expert Modified, not saying much though as there ended up only being 4 cars in the running! Anyways, my setup sucked -- traction roll and a complete lack of grip compared to the other cars, my fast lap was a full 0.6s behind everyone else! I suspect that the combination of low roll center from the double A-arm and stiff SP grey chassis...
TinyRC Pro
Old

Kyosho 10d Radials -- Impressions

Posted 12-18-2011 at 06:26 PM by color0
Updated 12-18-2011 at 11:30 PM by color0
Hi everyone,

Winter break is finally here for me! So 1) finally there's time to race and tune again and write again, and 2) there's a LOT that I've missed in the last couple months that I should get back to covering. So, without further delay let's get back to business.

About two weeks ago I decided I had enough of schoolwork and took a break to go to Kyosho's Route 241 Raceway (carpet!) for the Fall Classic race, taking with me my MR03 (under the F430 I've been...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews