TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > Color0's Micro RC Blog

Color0's Micro RC Blog -- A technical brain dump from the mind of yours truly...
Rate this Entry

Quick Fix: Mini-Z Side Body Clips

Posted 10-17-2009 at 05:10 AM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:32 AM by color0
This entry's going to be short as I'm busy with classes, but nonetheless...

One of the coolest things about Mini-Z is that the body mounting method is extremely quick and simple: hook the front clip in, push down on the chassis and that's it. The downside, though, is that sometimes those body mounts aren't assembled perfectly, leading to stuff like this:

Not only is this aesthetically bad (wide wheels tucked in on one side and sticking out on the other), but it throws off the CG of the car to one side and possibly the aerodynamics of the car too. So I propose a simple solution by way of a hobby knife:

The body mounts are made of a relatively soft plastic, so I found that you can just start shaving layers of plastic off the end of the clip until you start biting into the "locking" part of the clip itself. Just keep going for a short distance till you get the results you need (I took off a bit more than 1mm).

Observe, perfectly even left/right wheel gap:

That's it for this week, enjoy!
Total Comments 0

Comments