TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > Color0's Micro RC Blog

Color0's Micro RC Blog -- A technical brain dump from the mind of yours truly...
Reviews
Old

Late Report: Tekin 1/28 Setup

Posted 05-30-2012 at 01:34 AM by color0
Updated 07-29-2012 at 04:09 PM by color0
Dear readers,

My apologies for dropping the ball the last couple months -- it's been another helluva school term and things are only winding down just now!

So, the next couple weeks are going to be a little bit of recapping of things so you can see where I've been (Mini-Z wise) and where we're going towards as the summer season approaches. And to start that off, I kept some pictures from the Tekin race in March that may prove helpful for those new to Mod racing on...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews
Old

Kyosho 10d Radials -- Impressions

Posted 12-18-2011 at 06:26 PM by color0
Updated 12-18-2011 at 11:30 PM by color0
Hi everyone,

Winter break is finally here for me! So 1) finally there's time to race and tune again and write again, and 2) there's a LOT that I've missed in the last couple months that I should get back to covering. So, without further delay let's get back to business.

About two weeks ago I decided I had enough of schoolwork and took a break to go to Kyosho's Route 241 Raceway (carpet!) for the Fall Classic race, taking with me my MR03 (under the F430 I've been...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews
Old

Comparo: Kyosho vs. PN Top Damper

Posted 09-07-2011 at 04:41 PM by color0
Updated 09-07-2011 at 04:44 PM by color0
...And welcome to the second edition of our series of parts comparisons. This time, it's about top dampers, specifically the Kyosho Oil Damper vs. the PN Racing Dual Spring Center Shock as adapted to my personal car setup. So yes, once again this is going to be strictly my opinion, and I don't think there is a totally superior product between the two of these. So think of today's article as a pros-and-cons list between these two great top shocks.

A little foreword to the rest of...
TinyRC Pro
Old

Comparo: Reflex vs. PN MR03 Reverse Kingpin Front

Posted 07-25-2011 at 12:37 AM by color0
Updated 08-10-2011 at 11:14 PM by color0
I am fortunate enough to have owned almost all the MR03 front end setups available, and driven all of them: Kyosho stock, Kyosho aluminum, Atomic composite/aluminum, Reflex Long Kingpin, Reflex Reverse Kingpin, PN "hack" long kingpin, PN Reverse Kingpin, and PN Double A-Arm. Of these, I feel that the Double A-Arm provides the absolute highest mechanical grip, while the Reflex and PN Reverse Kingpin setups provide superior precision and consistency. Since I treasure both of those qualities...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews
Old

Body Comparo: SC430 vs. F430GT

Posted 07-18-2011 at 08:20 PM by color0
Updated 07-24-2011 at 04:13 AM by color0
And continuing on from last week, a body comparison that has been done several times before and that I will add one more to: the Lexus SC430 GT500 vs. the Ferrari F430GT. These are by far the most popular 94mm racing bodies out today, you will usually find at least one of each at any given Mini-Z track in the world. Why are they so good? That's exactly what I'm going to look into this week.

First let's start off with the F430GT.

TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews