TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs

Old

Perfex KT-18 Modifications

Posted 01-16-2010 at 12:37 AM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:31 AM by color0
Although many of us Mini-Z Racers have high-end KO, Airtronics, and Futaba radios for our Mini-Z's to use, I'm sure that there are just as many out there who read this blog who have just gotten started with Mini-Z -- which means that you very likely have a Perfex KT-18 in your posession.

The KT-18 is not a bad radio: it's 2.4GHz ASF, has throttle and steering trims and EPA's, and even has a "training mode" that you can use to save battery power or test run a new track layout....
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Old

Drifting Goodies: Grease Diff

Posted 12-15-2009 at 01:55 AM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:31 AM by color0
So I've been doing the RC drifting thing ever since I started this hobby, but one of the things that has always irked me is the fact that the throttle control "patterns" are completely different between RC drifting and real-car drifting. Part of the reason is because RC drifting is almost always done with AWD cars, with the front wheels helping pull the weight around. This just doesn't feel right especially when transitioning, if you can just wail on the gas and the car straightens out...
TinyRC Pro
Old

KO EX-1UR: Radio Settings for ASF Mini-Z's

Posted 12-09-2009 at 05:54 AM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:32 AM by color0
I was asked by a fellow Mini-ZRacer member about a starting settings list on the KO Propo EX-1UR radio, so I obliged, and thought that I might as well share with everyone here. I mainly followed the recommendations from Kyosho regarding the basic settings, and the other things are just a matter of personal taste. But regardless, if you put a good setup on your car and can't get it to work, or if your MR-03 has an odd electronic quibble or two, you may find some use from my base radio settings. (Shrug)...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Setup Guides
Old

Quick Fix: MR-03 Front Suspension

Posted 12-04-2009 at 08:08 PM by color0
Early articles this month since it's final exams week and I'm taking a vacation for Christmas.

If you're like me, then you like your racing Mini-Z's to have as low a ride height as possible without scrubbing the track. However, with the introduction of the MR-03 comes a slight problem: you can't lower the car enough without 1) having the knuckles hit the C-clip bumpstops on the kingpins, and/or 2) putting way, way too much preload on the front springs, causing a visible bending...
TinyRC Pro
Old

Mini-Z MR-03: First Drive

Posted 11-27-2009 at 08:15 PM by color0
So, I finally took delivery of my MR-03, and I have to say, this is the most exciting purchase I've made in a long time. Like Cristian from Reflex Racing has done, I wasted no time in hooking this car up with the latest PN Racing hop-ups in preparation for a track test of this baby, to see whether or not Kyosho's 02 successor can live up to its older brother's racing pedigree.

As noted before, the new 03...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Reviews