TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > MZRSpoon

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Interesting Race Formats

Posted 02-26-2008 at 12:29 PM by MZRSpoon
This concept started as a thread on Mini-Zracer.com. I was just wondering if anyone had any creative race formats for 1 on 1 racing or informal heats when there was no lap timer. I got some really great responses from several forum members.

Sprint Heats (4+ Racers, 5-10 laps)

For Heat 1 the drivers line up in random order. The winner in Heat 1 lines up in last place. The second place driver lines up in first, third place driver lines up second, etc. Basically the previous...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Quick Motor Cleaning Tutorial

Posted 02-23-2008 at 09:28 AM by MZRSpoon
Updated 02-23-2008 at 09:32 AM by MZRSpoon
First, your supplies...

A dirty motor, motor cleaner, compressed air, some paper towels, a well-ventilated space.

I start by removing the motor from the chassis. Some motor cleaners are plastic-safe but I would rather not take the chance and it's much easier to clean the motor once it's separated from the car.

Then I get a few layers of paper towel, fold them over and lay...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

New Parts to Try

Posted 02-21-2008 at 08:47 AM by MZRSpoon
I tend to stick to what I know in terms of setups but every once in a while there's some new products that tempt me into a buying frenzy. With new tire compounds and treads being released recently I'll be picking up some of the newish PN racing RCP tires. I've just started to try and get my AD band mod car tuned up for racing and some sticky fronts might be the ticket.

http://www.pnracing.us/new/news_imag...233-1.jpg?r=20

The next thing I want...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Race Prep Part II

Posted 02-16-2008 at 07:48 AM by MZRSpoon
I thought I had given you the total run down in my previous post but I actually thought of a few more things worth checking before you pack your stuff up and head out to the track...mostly chassis suspension.

Suspension

No matter what brand of H-plate you use (Kyosho, Atomic, GPM, DOW special) one thing is for certain, if they break it will be at a time when you don't want it to happen. On the carbon fiber plates you can usually see the fatigue start to set in before...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Race Prep

Posted 02-15-2008 at 06:09 PM by MZRSpoon
No one has really asked me about this but I figured it would be a good thing to post up anyway. You can be as serious or as casual about Mini-Z's as you want but I think it pays off to be prepared. I tend to live on the semi-serious side, but every once in a while I have to remind myself that it's all about fun.

I go through a few routine checks when I have time before an important race. I'll go through all of my personal race prep here...again...in no particular order.
Posted in Uncategorized