TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > Color0's Micro RC Blog

Color0's Micro RC Blog -- A technical brain dump from the mind of yours truly...
Tips and Tricks
Old

The Penny Drop (or Quarter/Dime/Spur...)

Posted 01-15-2012 at 02:02 PM by color0
Today, a quick and simple test for tweak brought to you originally by the 1/12 pan car crowd: the penny drop test. Basically, it's a really easy way to see if your chassis is places equal weight on the rear tires, so long as your front end is already guaranteed even.

Why that last sentence is so: The penny drop test can only tell you if the car is overall tweaked -- it cannot tell you which part. So if your front end is tweaked but your rear end is fine, or your front end is fine...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Old

MR03 Chassis Swap (or Why I Hate the 03 Sometimes)

Posted 12-29-2011 at 11:44 PM by color0
Hope everyone had a merry Xmas!

Just about 1.5 weeks ago I went to Inside Line Racing for their last points series race, and managed to come home 3rd in Expert Modified, not saying much though as there ended up only being 4 cars in the running! Anyways, my setup sucked -- traction roll and a complete lack of grip compared to the other cars, my fast lap was a full 0.6s behind everyone else! I suspect that the combination of low roll center from the double A-arm and stiff SP grey chassis...
TinyRC Pro
Old

General Setup Bad Ideas.

Posted 11-23-2011 at 06:32 AM by color0
Updated 11-23-2011 at 06:57 AM by color0
Well, I have some sad news to report after returning from Kenon last Saturday.

1) The front diffuser broke within 10 minutes of actual racing -- the small front lip got torn straight downwards resulting in a lot of scraping against the track. Couldn't get that bend out of it either, a shame...

1a) (Not sad news) The front diffuser worked like a charm, as expected. Toning down the initial steering response and increasing on-power steering, it's almost like running softer...
TinyRC Pro
Old

Comparo: Kyosho vs. PN Top Damper

Posted 09-07-2011 at 04:41 PM by color0
Updated 09-07-2011 at 04:44 PM by color0
...And welcome to the second edition of our series of parts comparisons. This time, it's about top dampers, specifically the Kyosho Oil Damper vs. the PN Racing Dual Spring Center Shock as adapted to my personal car setup. So yes, once again this is going to be strictly my opinion, and I don't think there is a totally superior product between the two of these. So think of today's article as a pros-and-cons list between these two great top shocks.

A little foreword to the rest of...
TinyRC Pro
Old

Happy July 4th! Now Back to MOD. :)

Posted 07-05-2011 at 01:21 AM by color0
Happy July 4th everyone! I myself just got back from a fireworks showing on the Charles river (between Cambridge and Boston), looked great.

Now continuing on where I left off last week, my changeover from RCP to Carpet Mod racing.

First of all, I was gently reminded that the carpet at Kyosho and Cruzin is LOOOOW grip, no matter what tires you use -- the surface itself simply feels too powdery to let any kind of tire stick too much. I suspect there is a lot of internal...
TinyRC Pro