TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > Color0's Micro RC Blog

Color0's Micro RC Blog -- A technical brain dump from the mind of yours truly...
Setup Guides
Old

PNWC 2012 GT Mod Setup (Rather NG, but People Asked!)

Posted 12-01-2012 at 08:01 AM by color0
Updated 12-05-2012 at 01:51 AM by color0
Hokeydokey, so a long time ago (...a few weeks) I went to the PNWC 2012 race held at Inside Line Racing/Vallco Mall in Cupertino, CA. Unfortunately, I was sick, and my driving was pretty shot, so I knew I had no chance of winning, and instead I tested out a lot of different setups, got a lot of data on different bodies and diffs, and eventually settled on a 599XX with a ball diff and a LOT of holes. While I'm still not happy with how my setup performed at the Worlds', a couple people have asked...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Setup Guides
Old

Downstop/Rebound Spring Tuning

Posted 09-23-2011 at 02:42 PM by color0
Updated 09-26-2011 at 04:15 PM by color0
Last week I had a conversation with fellow SoCal Z racer mugler about tuning the downtravel on the top shock of a pan car chassis -- as you might imagine our conversation was very related to my previous post here about the downstop adjustments on the PN and Kyosho shocks. I tried my best to explain why and how the downtravel adjustment works and my reply is repasted below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by color0
When you brake for a corner, the weight transfers towards the front, this we know; but the amount that gets
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Setup Guides
Old

RCX 2011 Setup: Wrap-Up

Posted 06-19-2011 at 05:55 AM by color0
So over the past couple of weeks I've given as much insight as I could regarding how I set up my Mini-Z for the RCX 2011 races in Pomona, CA; as stated in the race report this was a big, but tight, low-traction track, and I participated in the Stock 80t class using spec handout motors. If you want all the details you'll have to dive into the articles themselves, but here I just wanted to make one last post to sum up everything that I put into my RCX setup from March.

TinyRC Pro
Posted in Setup Guides
Old

RCX 2011 Setup: Batteries and Electronics

Posted 06-19-2011 at 05:39 AM by color0
Updated 06-19-2011 at 05:52 AM by color0
In the past couple weeks of detailing my RCX 2011 Stock (80t) setup, I should have covered everything except batteries, body and electronics I believe, so I'll cover batteries and electronics (including ICS settings) this time since I've already covered my body modifications in prior posts.

At RCX I alternated (and still do) between TRP 900's and R1 990's, and I honestly cannot tell which one is better. I have charged both at various rates between 1-2A, finding no significant laptime...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Setup Guides
Old

RCX 2011 Setup: Front Suspension

Posted 06-10-2011 at 02:24 AM by color0
Updated 06-10-2011 at 02:27 AM by color0
As promised, this week we will be taking a look at front end setup on the MR03 -- but before I can even begin we have a problem: unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), the MR03 chassis has a LOT of front suspension options available. As hobbyists and weekend racers it can be difficult to choose between all them. To date, I know there are at least 5 possible configurations:
  1. Stock-style
  2. Long kingpin/spring-over
  3. Reversed kingpin
  4. Dynamic strut/spring-under
  5. Double
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Setup Guides