TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > Color0's Micro RC Blog

Color0's Micro RC Blog -- A technical brain dump from the mind of yours truly...
Setup Guides
Old

RCX 2011 Setup: Rear Suspension

Posted 06-02-2011 at 12:48 PM by color0
This week we take a look at the rear end, particularly the motor pod and rear suspension system. Obviously, the rear end in a 2WD is responsible for laying down the power, and thus you have to pay it some attention to make it perform for you. So let's start from the bottom, shall we? The rear pod I'm using as of this moment is the PN Reconfigurable Motor Mount:

There is of course the Reflex mount...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Setup Guides
Old

RCX 2011 Setup: Differential (2WD)

Posted 05-27-2011 at 07:30 PM by color0
Next up in this series of articles is the differential setup. The differential in a 2WD Mini-Z is super important -- while a bad diff or a badly maintained diff will not make your car undrivable (as bad tires would), a bad diff will hamper your car's ability to carry speed through a corner, and hamper its consistency in handling your inputs to the car. So you ALWAYS want a smooth diff; you can leave it 100% open and free or you can adjust its LSD effect using diff tension, thick greases or even...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Setup Guides
Old

RCX 2011 Setup: Wheels and Tires

Posted 05-17-2011 at 02:30 AM by color0
I've wanted to do this for quite some time, but had to wait till I had some race results to back it up lol. With this next series of articles I'll be doing a full documentation of my setup and setup theories as applied to a Stock-class Mini-Z Racer. At the same time I'll be commenting a bit on how Stock and Mod-class racers differ, and how might you approach the particular points of the setup differently. It's gonna be long and comprehensive, so stick around! At the end of each section I'm going...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Setup Guides
Old

Thinking to Tune

Posted 03-21-2011 at 12:10 AM by color0
Updated 03-21-2011 at 05:46 PM by color0
Good racers know that a good racing setup has to cater to two things in order to win: the driver and the track. No stone can be left unturned either, if you miss a single area where you could improve, you won't be extracting the maximum performance out of your car and it might even cost you the win.

Now, I'm not a frequent racer -- I'm a college student who barely has enough time to go out to eat dinner, going to races usually means skipping meals and subsequent all-nighters to finish...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Setup Guides
Old

KO EX-1UR: Radio Settings for ASF Mini-Z's

Posted 12-09-2009 at 05:54 AM by color0
Updated 03-08-2011 at 09:32 AM by color0
I was asked by a fellow Mini-ZRacer member about a starting settings list on the KO Propo EX-1UR radio, so I obliged, and thought that I might as well share with everyone here. I mainly followed the recommendations from Kyosho regarding the basic settings, and the other things are just a matter of personal taste. But regardless, if you put a good setup on your car and can't get it to work, or if your MR-03 has an odd electronic quibble or two, you may find some use from my base radio settings. (Shrug)...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Setup Guides