TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Blogs > Color0's Micro RC Blog

Color0's Micro RC Blog -- A technical brain dump from the mind of yours truly...
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Rehashing the Classic Single Side Damper

Posted 12-09-2012 at 06:49 AM by color0
It's been said before that there are never any new ideas, everything new is just a rehash of something old. That's not always true but for the new racing "season" I'm doing it, using one Kyosho Oil Shock as a single side damper (SSD) on the MR03. The idea has been around a long time -- they've faded in and out of fashion in 1/12 pan cars, the InZane (now Lajf) P28 carries one, and to be fair, we at Greyscale have been playing with SSD's for a long time already. It just never occurred to...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

PNWC 2012 F1 Pro Setup

Posted 12-05-2012 at 02:10 AM by color0
Updated 12-05-2012 at 02:18 AM by color0
I realize I haven't said much about the F1 I own, and it's mainly because this car just takes a lot of work to get it running... mostly electrical gremlins occurring in heavily populated areas.

As far as the Worlds' go, F1 Pro was just pure frustration -- my car was definitely the fastest in the field and proved it with the fastest lap in qualifying and IIRC, the fastest F1 lap of the weekend. But the GLITCH! kept coming back again and again and in the end it just wouldn't hold together...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

MR-03 Chassis Configs: Stock Black vs. SP Grey

Posted 07-29-2012 at 06:21 PM by color0
Hi again after another break, everyone. For the past 2 months I've been switching back and forth between the grey SP chassis and the stock black chassis on my MR03 -- which covers both Stock and Mod class racing -- and I think I have enough data to report now. But especially since this seems to be a somewhat controversial topic with mixed results, I can only present my own impressions and it would be great if you guys and gals reading my blog could respond with your own.

So...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Sorry!

Posted 09-02-2011 at 08:53 PM by color0
Hi everyone,

My apologies for skipping the month of August entirely. Due to work, presentations, flying back across the country and having my wisdom teeth cut out (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ -- AAAAAHHHHHH!!) I've been pretty incapacitated from doing any heavy Mini-Z stuff this month. This coming month will be better, I have another parts comparison to write about and will be exploring aerodynamics once again after playing with some bodies over the summer that honestly didn't have so much...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I'm Back!

Posted 08-23-2009 at 01:47 AM by color0
Well, although the Kyosho Autoscale Database is not done -- that will take a long time to compile -- I'm officially back, done with most of my other summer commitments, and ready to blog and race again!

And to keep things fresh, I've built a new 90mm-class Mini-Z MR015 for fun; much as Reflex Racing will be walking us through building the perfect race MR02, I'll go through building a fun 90mm-class (aka Mini class) racer on a budget, something that's pretty important in our current...
TinyRC Pro
Posted in Uncategorized