PDA

View Full Version : Do springs really help?

deoblehc
03-22-2003, 11:13 AM
Do the soft springs really help handling at all? How bout after market tires? I have already balded my rear tires, and I have had my epoch for 3 weeks. I run it on tile alot, and do alot of power sliding. I love running on carpet, but I don't have much carpeted space to use. (except for my long haired living room rug BLAHG!!!)

Hey Gertman...

I like your track vid's. You have good handling skills. Ya ever think of mixing it up and throwing in a 2-3" double jump here and there?. I know that'd be more rally and you have a stock-car, but I like jumping as long as I don't bash my car up.

Namuna...

You say you are using vinyl on your oval? Does it prolong the life of your tires? Does your car ever flip on a turn if you push it too hard? Do your guy's wives ever git tired of having tracks all over the house?:D

gertman
03-22-2003, 02:09 PM
Glad u like the vids,

Jumps for an Epoch? You really couldn't make them more than a few mm high.

Springs and tires change the handleing drasticlly. BUT since your running on tile, you woulnd't notice that much. I assume your tile has lots of breaks (dips, grout lines), so this is why you wore your tires out so quick.

deoblehc
03-22-2003, 05:20 PM
Excuse me (no attitude):) , I think what I'm using is like 1foot square lanolium stuff that butts flush up against each other. I'm sure the springs and tires will be great though.

And jumps? mm? I have a carpeted area in my kitchen (short tight weave) and I made a jump that was 2.5" tall. My car would jump 1 - 2 feet long off of it. It is sooo sweet when you hit it just right, and it hits that landing ramp smooth as buttah! Makes me wanna take my Ford Tempo out into the boonies and tear it up.

Why do you say only a few mm? I've seen your vid's. You car is pretty much as fast as mine. It would jump well. Your's is a spec 1, right? I love the track design.

devedander
03-25-2003, 09:31 PM
Ford Tempo out into the boonies and tear it up.

Wait, tear what up? Tear up your Ford Tempo? No offense but no Ford Tempo is ever gonna tear anything up.:rolleyes:

chelboed
03-25-2003, 11:46 PM
I mean tear up my Tempo. I have not had too much respect for any car I have owned since I had to sell my '71 RoadRunner 440-4spd 3:91 posi. That one used to tear everyone up. (infinate mods on those 1:1 cars):D