PDA

View Full Version : Hi! A question for Panther G owners.

zot
03-19-2003, 07:33 PM
Hi all, thank god I found a place to read about combat digi-q in English. Well I just ordered my Pather G from HLJ, sorry no Frys in NY. Now I just have to wait for it to get here...

I had a quick question for any pf you Panther owners out there... How wide and long is the hull? How much of this is the track?

The reason I ask all this... I think the chassis would make a good start for a Hetzer and I need to get an idea of the scale the hetzer would be on the digi-q chassis. Then I could find out if any of the normal scale models would be of any use. (Sculpting the gun mantlet would be such a pain...) Since the turret doesn't move on its own, why not? :)

Ah, for some plasicard and a dream.

Sean

Napalm_Guru
03-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Scroll to the bottom to see the Dimensions:

http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9004

zot
03-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Thank's for the info. I read that a few days ago and completely forgot about it. From that info, I pretty much figure a Hetzer would be around 1/79th scale. (The width is 1/73rd and the length is 1/86th, so I'll settle on the average.)

That means I'll have to make it 2.65cm tall and 7.9cm long (including the barrel), but that's if I keep it exactly in scale. I'll prob make it super-deformed like the actual tanks. The good news... the 1/76 scale Esci Hetzer may be of some use. :)

sean

Napalm_Guru
03-20-2003, 08:09 PM
You can get models close to that scale, but if you switch them you are going to loose a lot of durablility because they use softer plastic. It does not sound imposible to get the pcb and other stuff in, but the charging reciever and Damage LED might be a pain.
Your probably going to have to cut up parts of your tank shell to transplant the IR recieving plate.

Good Luck and please keep us posted! :)

zot
03-20-2003, 08:20 PM
I know the plastic won't be as durable, but I'm not planning on dropping it anytime soon once I make it. :)

The biggest thing holding me back is trying to figure out how to do the Damage LED as Hetzers didn't have any copula or round entry hatches on the upper deck. I'll figure something out to hide it. Actually all the IR stuff will be a pain to figure out.

I plan on building the super structure using plastic card and not an actual scale model kit. So I'll have a lot of flexibility there. I'll use parts from that to detail it up and use some of the pieces from the plastic kit I can't create with plastic card.

I just need to get my Panther and a Hetzer kit to see if the project is even feasible. Right now I don't see why not. If I do it, I'll keep every body posted.

Sean