PDA

View Full Version : where do you put the extra fets in a minix esc?

catman25
03-16-2003, 06:31 AM
you put um in the extra spots for um .,..or is there more to it?

3series takumi
03-16-2003, 11:38 PM
you only stack fets on mini-z. the mini-x ESC can already take the high current. if you plan on using a motor that the stock ESC cant run (good luck with that) just get a better ESC. i plan on getting a Team Orion Big Block to run with T-O Flash Micro ESC. stacking FETs can cause lag and is not fun to do. use FETs on those toys (mini-z). the x is a real RC

catman25
03-17-2003, 01:33 AM
ha ha your so wrong ..look at tiny's parts list for mini-x...if he sells them then they aRE of use...do they go into the bare spots as they would fit ..just drop um in and soldier or is there suttin more?

rmyc
03-22-2003, 01:32 AM
i'm waitin for my friend to get me the mini-x esc+rx?? it sup to be able to pas 8ah.. dos that mean i can run the plasma dash motor saftly?? has anyone tried it??

dose the kyosho tx form the mini-z work with the mini-x??

turtle
03-22-2003, 02:54 PM
yes the kyosho tx works with it and im not sure bout the plasma

binaryterror
03-22-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by 3series takumi
you only stack fets on mini-z. the mini-x ESC can already take the high current. if you plan on using a motor that the stock ESC cant run (good luck with that) just get a better ESC. i plan on getting a Team Orion Big Block to run with T-O Flash Micro ESC. stacking FETs can cause lag and is not fun to do. use FETs on those toys (mini-z). the x is a real RC

You have been giving alot of bad info lately sir.

you can and should stack FETS on ESC's when you can. This improves the amperage the ESC can handle. if the amps are high and the motor draws less in theory this improves the timing of the ESC's. You do know that the Flash ESC does not handle the Big Block...that is written about all over the yourmicro.com boards, which is all about mRS4's. Also that board is totally against that ESC beacause it doesn't handle wild turn motors and only can hable 6 cells with stock motors, anything else and it gets overly warm.

I am not trying to flame, just don't give info that you haven't fully checked on.

rmyc
03-27-2003, 03:13 AM
hmm... i had som problems with the mini-z TX... it works well but when you gun it ( pull the throtte all the way) it stops ??? it's kinda wierd?

Catman25, i'm almosr certain you can stack fets on the X's esc

here's a pic to show you the 2 empty spots for the fets on the esc

fastboy
03-27-2003, 05:18 AM
yep,i had same problem with mini x ,its as if the throttle goes past high point and into neutral again,try putting some kind of stopper on the transmitter throttle,i did and it cured it.

dave