PDA

View Full Version : Layout

woody
09-06-2002, 03:31 AM
OK, I am new to this forum, and have yet to read all of the posts. So, I'll just plead ignorance right now. What I want to know is, Has anybody come up with a way to get out of using the battery box set-up? I'd like to see pics if possible. Also, is there a "standard" combination of electronics? For example hs-55 servo and es01 speedo? I have an LRP quantum and MANY different sizes of servos, but I don't want to go overkill on this car. Thanks ahead of time.

was ist los?
09-06-2002, 05:13 PM
what battery box set up?

tinyrc
09-06-2002, 05:27 PM
woody, welcome to the Forums! What I would recommend is getting rid of the lame battery box, splitting up the pack, and reassembling it to use the slots that are already in the chassis. I'll post a pic for you soon, my SP is currently in pieces as I'm replacing the electronics but waiting for a crucial piece!

Clique
09-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Hi Woody, though I'm still deciding between a Dynamite and a SP, I've already researched into and ordered the electronics in case I decide to get a SP (since electronics are bundled w/ the Dynamite).

The following is a list of what I've got so far:

Servo:
GWS NARO HP BB (around US$22, very small, good torque, and w/ a bearing)

Also got a Hitec HS-81MG (around US$22, fits fine on the SP though a bit bigger/heavier than the GWS NARO, much higher torque than the GWS (and what you need on a small car like the SP), no bearing but has metal gears to allow it to survive bigger impacts)

ESC:
IPD Race-20 (around US$45, take up to 10 cells and can drive a 480 motor, very light and small, but the only drawback is it has no reverse). I got this one cause I may be moving onto RS4 Micro in the future. Your Quantum should do just fine due to its small size/weight.

Rx:
Hitec HFS-03MM 3-channel FM Rx (US$35, almost the smallest 75MHz 3-ch FM in this price range)

If you need only a 2-ch AM Rx, you may consider the Hitec Shredder or Novak XXL.

Motor:
I haven't decided which one to upgrade to. I heard someone in this forum hinted that the GPM 180 motor is good, though I believe either a HPI or Team Orion 180 RS4 Micro stock motor will do fine too.

Hope this helps and please share w/ us your final settings once you've decided. Thanks.

tinyrc
09-06-2002, 06:56 PM
If you need only a 2-ch AM Rx, you may consider the Hitec Shredder or Novak XXL.

The Shredder is no longer in production. :( We're using the XXL in our updated SP, will post pics once it's back together!

microrcracing
09-06-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by tinyrc
woody, welcome to the Forums! What I would recommend is getting rid of the lame battery box, splitting up the pack, and reassembling it to use the slots that are already in the chassis. I'll post a pic for you soon, my SP is currently in pieces as I'm replacing the electronics but waiting for a crucial piece!

Tiny,
I'm not sure what you mean by 3 x 2 to use that actual slots that are already in the SP chassis. I guess I'll have to wait for picture.
At any rate we can assemble the packs for you in any configuration. Now I'll have to go find my Sp!

tinyrc
09-06-2002, 07:11 PM
There are battery slots in the stock SP chassis, but they are not used if you follow the instructions and use the "battery box"/dual deck. But you can disassemble the pack and use the slots like a regular pan car would to hold the cells. Email if you're not clear on what I mean - thanks!

woody
09-10-2002, 11:24 PM
The 350mah and 270mah batteries that I am using do not fit in the slots.

gertman
09-11-2002, 02:56 AM
There is a size cell that will fit in the slots, I think they are some sort of red Sanyo's. Sorry I can't remember which one's. My friend do do exactly that, take out the battery box and put cells in the slots.

Sorry I can't be of more help with this one. :)

was ist los?
09-11-2002, 07:30 PM
where do they place their electronics?

was ist los?
09-13-2002, 07:44 PM
has anyone tried putting the esc on the servo with a lemans body? i know it works with a supra.

gertman
09-14-2002, 12:04 AM
putting the esc on the servo

What's that do to your handling?

My friend was able to fit his electronics in the middle of the chassis between the batteries.

was ist los?
09-14-2002, 05:40 PM
how big are his cells. any pics?

gertman
09-15-2002, 12:57 AM
Sorry,

I haven't even seen it myself, just what he has told me. Sorry.

woody
09-15-2002, 10:56 PM
HHmmm. I have only GTP style bodies. The electronics don't fit so well. Even after buying the smallest stuff out there.

gertman
09-15-2002, 11:26 PM
Let's see:

I was using a big old Airtronics servo (standard mini size), an ATOM spedo, and a XXL receiver, stock battery and holder............

I managed to fit it all under my Jag GTP body. :rolleyes:

was ist los?
09-16-2002, 03:52 PM
could you show the jag and supra body together for a comparison?