PDA

View Full Version : Show off your cool Zipzaps!

Icedragonad
03-02-2003, 10:51 AM
Post pictures of your coolest bodies, strangest mods, and more!

Zephyranthes
03-02-2003, 11:03 AM
Here's my Civic. Haven't done much to it. BCG rim swap, Cat 5 antenna, and some Z Cars stickers are on it.

Added: I just did a layman tricell mod and it works like a dream, well for a ZipZap. It has a 1.6 motor and is now comparable to my BCG. It's fast enough to flip over and that surprised me a lot. Never seen a Zip flip over before.

chelboed
03-02-2003, 10:59 PM
I don't spend much time on cosmetics. Here's a pic of my 3 cell "Booster" Zap Franken-fast! It used to be a quad, but I need to get some new cells. Still with 3, it's way fast!

chelboed
03-02-2003, 11:01 PM
Here's another 3-cell zap that I do crazy 1/4 mile times with. Again, I don't do much with cosmetics, I spend more time making them go fast.

chelboed
03-02-2003, 11:04 PM
BTW the yellow one is lowered in front and has bit front wheels. The Champaigne one is lowered in front and has a potentiometer under the shell to lower speed if I'm on a slick floor and can't get traction.

Both of 'em go somewhere around 7-8 mph and are friggin' quick.

Clint
03-03-2003, 03:53 AM
http://oteri.dyndns.org/bitzap3batt.jpg
http://oteri.dyndns.org/mustang4.jpg

goal: to find out what happens when u hit the illustrious 11MPH barrier (scale mach1) hehe.

rfnagel
03-03-2003, 04:16 AM
I haven't done any mods to mine, but the pics of my stock Cranberry Red PT Cruiser came out pretty kewl looking (considering that the pics were taken with a cheap webcam LOL).

Clint
03-03-2003, 05:24 AM
http://oteri.dyndns.org/zipzap/dcp01631.jpg
http://oteri.dyndns.org/zipzap/dcp01630.jpg
http://oteri.dyndns.org/zipzap/ptmysticsig.jpg
http://oteri.dyndns.org/zipzap/dcp01476.jpg
http://oteri.dyndns.org/mustang7.jpg

chelboed
03-03-2003, 10:53 AM
You did a 3 cell Zap too right? How well does that fastback run with the metal body? It looks sweet! Those rear tires on the Eclipse, aren't they plastic? Hotwheels? Traction?

Clint
03-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by chelboed
You did a 3 cell Zap too right? How well does that fastback run with the metal body? It looks sweet! Those rear tires on the Eclipse, aren't they plastic? Hotwheels? Traction?

thanks for the compliments.

yup my bitzap has 3 cells...that's the white mystic stang vert. it hauls. very fun.

the die cast shelby has a dual cell..still runs faster than any single cell zip or bit(use red zz motor..great tq)...cornering is awesome with the weight..very tight and no flips.

the eclispe has wheels from a johnny lightning muscle car..it was actually from the shelby car. the wheels are mild rubber. traction isnt good..but it allowed the single cell old zip zaps to run on carpet.

sessiz10
03-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Aww that shelby looks sweet. Good job.
I had my civic si on a tri cell zip and the rears would peel in reverse, but not in forward:confused:

Clint
03-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by sessiz10
Aww that shelby looks sweet. Good job.
I had my civic si on a tri cell zip and the rears would peel in reverse, but not in forward:confused:

thats normal..i noticed it on mine too..so i studied it very closely.

when u go forward the front end lifts up a little...this causes a weight transfer(albeit tiny) and puts more of the cars weight on the rear wheels..hence..better traction. harder to peel out. u want this.

in reverse..your just dragging the car along..no weight transfer..spin city.

Icedragonad
03-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Take a look at this ambulance I created.

Icedragonad
03-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Take a look at this tail pipe addition.

sessiz10
03-03-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Clint
thats normal..i noticed it on mine too..so i studied it very closely.

when u go forward the front end lifts up a little...this causes a weight transfer(albeit tiny) and puts more of the cars weight on the rear wheels..hence..better traction. harder to peel out. u want this.

in reverse..your just dragging the car along..no weight transfer..spin city.

I figured as much but didn't think the miniscule weight would make a diferance.

cisco
03-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Where did you get the shelby body from and how did you connect it to the chassis? Thanks.

Icedragonad
03-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Check out this LED on my ambulance!

Suntzu28
03-03-2003, 08:48 PM
My Zip Zap Hummer.............

Some poor BIT is about to get ROLLED ON........ once i put the back tire back on ( i was using it earlier for a test).

Suntzu28
03-03-2003, 08:51 PM
Front.ill paint him later.

AZ_Legend
03-04-2003, 03:50 PM
my dropped PT Cruiser

AZ_Legend
03-04-2003, 03:51 PM
and my dropped civic
sorry about the big pics

AZ_Legend
03-04-2003, 03:54 PM
one more
Tell me what you guys think
thanks

Stridex
03-04-2003, 04:57 PM
I love seeing the dropped civics. I've done it to all of mine.

Anyone wanna sell me the Yellow Civic body?

isk8blind
03-04-2003, 08:42 PM
stridex i see you like civics

chelboed
03-04-2003, 08:48 PM
I like dropping Civic's too, but when I add 2 more cells to the belly of mine, I have to flip the PCB over and all the little pieces stick up so high that I can only drop the front end. That's okay, though. It looks cool either way. I think all the Zaps look funny if you don't drop them. All except the Eclipse. That body looks very nice stock.

Stridex
03-04-2003, 09:22 PM
stridex i see you like civics

I just like ZipZaps. The only thing I don't own of theirs is that F'n'F kit that came with the Yellow Civic. Anyone wanna hook me up? I'll even trade a custom Supra body for a Yellow Civic body. Heck, I'll even throw in an extra Yellow ZipZap Mustang body and a 3.8 motor. I really want that yellow Civic!*

* Must be in excellent condition. No added mods or holes.

Clint
03-05-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Stridex
I just like ZipZaps. The only thing I don't own of theirs is that F'n'F kit that came with the Yellow Civic. Anyone wanna hook me up? I'll even trade a custom Supra body for a Yellow Civic body. Heck, I'll even throw in an extra Yellow ZipZap Mustang body and a 3.8 motor. I really want that yellow Civic!*

* Must be in excellent condition. No added mods or holes.

im up for a trade.
email me. i have a yellow civic.
clint@3point8liter.com

Stridex
03-05-2003, 01:51 AM
Thanks Clint. I'll get the Supra mold out and show you a pic of one finished tomorrow. Just so you know...you'll have to stretch a chassis to fit it, but it'll be completely worth it.
Note: Stretching a Bit/Bit clone ( I prefer Shens) will let the body sit lower.

Do you have a pic of the Yellow Civic? Is it completely mod free? I know how much you love modding the bodies. :D

Clint
03-05-2003, 08:15 AM
Thanks Clint. I'll get the Supra mold out and show you a pic of one finished tomorrow. Just so you know...you'll have to stretch a chassis to fit it, but it'll be completely worth it.
Note: Stretching a Bit/Bit clone ( I prefer Shens) will let the body sit lower.

Do you have a pic of the Yellow Civic? Is it completely mod free? I know how much you love modding the bodies. :D

kickass..

the civic is completely mod/scratch free with orig spoiler. i can take a few pics if u want.

Stridex
03-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Clint,

Your Supra is being primed as we speak. I had to prime one for myself, so I thought....what the heck. I'll have pics of it shortly.

If you say the yellow civic is in it's original shape, I'll believe you. No need to post any pics. About shipping; are you willing to ship with UPS so I can get a tracking number. That way I know you've sent it and I can send you the Supra, yellow Mustang body and 3.8 motor at the same time. Just don't want to get hosed again. :)

AZ_legend,

Are you in Arizona? And what camera are you using and how much was it? Pics came out great!

AZ_Legend
03-05-2003, 05:59 PM
Yep I'm in Arizona.
My camera is an Olympus D-220L
Don't know how much it cost (got it for my B-Day).

Stridex
03-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Whatcha think?

isk8blind
03-05-2003, 08:30 PM
stridex i gotta give you props thats hella tight !!!! did you make it your self? and what color you gunna paint it?

Clint
03-05-2003, 11:09 PM
Whatcha think?
Oh man i love it.

Stridex
03-05-2003, 11:19 PM
stridex i gotta give you props thats hella tight !!!! did you make it your self? and what color you gunna paint it?

I like seeing those responses. :) It's a resin body molded from a die-cast hotwheels. I can also make one for you if you have something decent to trade. I'm only trading this much for the Yellow Civic because it's no longer being made. If you've got something you want to trade for one, let me know.

Clint,

About shipping; are you willing to ship with UPS so I can get a tracking number and check it online? That way I know you've sent it and I can send you the Supra, yellow Mustang body and 3.8 motor at the same time. Just don't want to get hosed again....not that I think you will, just playing it safe. The 3.8 I'm sending you has never been used. I get them now with every ToyEast.com order. I must have over 10 of them. :(

Clint
03-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Clint,

Your Supra is being primed as we speak. I had to prime one for myself, so I thought....what the heck. I'll have pics of it shortly.

If you say the yellow civic is in it's original shape, I'll believe you. No need to post any pics. About shipping; are you willing to ship with UPS so I can get a tracking number. That way I know you've sent it and I can send you the Supra, yellow Mustang body and 3.8 motor at the same time. Just don't want to get hosed again. :)

ok, i can ship it 2-3 day priority mail with and give you a tracking number from USPS, i ship tons of mustang parts that way. I have had too many problems in the past with UPS.

email me your address, clint@3point8liter.com

p.s. im drooling already..red base coat, mystic paint, cf hood, 4 cell, bit booster pcb, 3.8. gotta have a turbo inlet viewable through that hood scoop too. :)

thedemon
03-05-2003, 11:29 PM
hey stridex i got a yellow civic body its mint with only one mod and that is that the inside of the windows have been painted black for a tint effect:D :D
so if you want it id like to trade you for it err for that body you posted i also have tons of zipzap suff seeing as how i used to work at the shack till i "Quit" lol so let me know
oh and how do i post pictures

Stridex
03-05-2003, 11:44 PM
hey stridex i got a yellow civic body its mint with only one mod and that is that the inside of the windows have been painted black for a tint effect

Clint is sending me the Yellow Civic, but if you have the other body that came with that Fn'F kit, you've got a deal. I'll do an even trade for that body. I'll even primer the Supra for you too.

I have another mold ready for production. I'll have pics of that up tomorrow.

Clint, I shot you off an email.

thedemon
03-06-2003, 12:13 AM
are you talking about the orange supra because im using that one myself its got a blower and tinted windows

Stridex
03-06-2003, 01:22 AM
That's the one :(

thedemon
03-06-2003, 01:31 AM
sorry then with me your out of luck but if you need other stuff lemme know i got alot

Stridex
03-06-2003, 01:52 AM
Just let me know what you have for trade. I'm always fair. Non-zip stuff is also fine with me. :cool:

I'd really like some Epoch Spec-1 bodies. I already have the Speed-Racer.

Clint
03-06-2003, 11:56 AM

Clint, I shot you off an email.

ive got your civic all packed up and ready to go...but it's a blizzard outside..winter weather emergency...so unfortunatly, nothing is open.. :mad:

i'll bring it to work with me tonite and send it out in the morning on my way home.

ya..i work graveyard. :D

Stridex
03-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Can't wait to add it to my collection. In July I move into a larger house where a full bedroom will be dedicated to these. As soon as my other orders come in, I'll show you why I need a full bedroom. :(

Here's my idea for the room:
It'll be designed after the Las Vegas area. The boats will be parked at Lake Mead. My show cars will be cruisin' the Strip. My Rigs will be cruisin' Hoover dam and it'll even have a miniaturized Las Vegas 400 Winston track for my Nascar's. All of my military vehicles will be at Nellis A.F.B and my custom cars will be parked at Area 51. And we can't forget the Dunes for my buggies. :D I have it all mapped out. Just need to get in there and measure the room. If they make Micro snow mobiles, I'll add Mt. Charleston. Now that I think about it...I'm going to have to throw a roller coaster over the whole thing and put up a rally coarse coming down the Volcano at the Mirage.

Ok, a lot of it is a dream, but I'm going to try my hardest to make it a reality.

thedemon
03-07-2003, 03:06 AM
hey stridex id really like that body you got im offering you some stuff so heres goes

custom midnight civic(black with black tinted windows)
custom gold civic (all windows tinted except the front one)
any of the zipzap rims
one red zz motor
six green zz motors
spare front knuckles

oh and how do i post pics

Stridex
03-07-2003, 02:39 PM
You want to trade all of that or want me to pick out what I'd be willing to trade for it? If you're wanting to trade all, I'll even throw in this Supra body.

thedemon
03-07-2003, 04:21 PM
id be willing to trade it all for those 2 bodies

isk8blind
03-07-2003, 05:35 PM
stridex i have the bodies from the f&f kits email me at isk8blind3@hotmail.com to work somethin out

Spitfire7001
03-07-2003, 06:40 PM
my cool zips
http://www.sal.wronger.com/carstripes.jpg
http://www.sal.wronger.com/MyCar3.jpg

Clint
03-07-2003, 06:42 PM
hey Stridex..i'm not sure why the tracking num isnt showing up. they said it'll be scanned in around 5pm. anyway..they said mon or tues u will have it...so, u can wait to send out that stuff until u get the yellow civic.

Stridex
03-07-2003, 07:15 PM
custom midnight civic(black with black tinted windows)
custom gold civic (all windows tinted except the front one)
any of the zipzap rims
one red zz motor
six green zz motors
spare front knuckles

Thedemon, you got it. Make the rims the civic rims. Send me your email and I'll get you my address.

stridex i have the bodies from the f&f kits email me at isk8blind3@hotmail.com to work somethin out

What condition are they in? If they're in great condition, you got yourself a trade.

hey Stridex..i'm not sure why the tracking num isnt showing up. they said it'll be scanned in around 5pm. anyway..they said mon or tues u will have it...so, u can wait to send out that stuff until u get the yellow civic.

I trust ya. I'll ship your Supra, 3.8 and Mustang body on Monday. The Mustang body was never taken off of it's perch.

isk8blind
03-07-2003, 10:48 PM
actually im buyin them from this guy and there all in good condition except one with a mod

Stridex
03-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Let me know when ya get them in and post some pics. What is the one mod?

Icedragonad
03-08-2003, 03:31 PM
Here's a pic of the battery I installed in by civic.

Icedragonad
03-08-2003, 03:33 PM
I was able to fit it inside my Civic. Now it can go 300 smph. This is very good cosidering I have a stock motor(1.6) in it!

cisco
03-08-2003, 06:17 PM
Hey Clint where did you get the mustang body from and how did you attach it to the chassis? Thanks.

Clint
03-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by cisco
Hey Clint where did you get the mustang body from and how did you attach it to the chassis? Thanks.
it's a jonny lightining muscle car series. has big rear wheels and all.
u gotta cut a notch in the front and back...but just wide enough so that the chassis tabs fit snug and wont fall out. i used a dremel with the heavy duty cutting blade.
the metal is fairly thick in those areas.

cisco
03-08-2003, 07:08 PM
Can you get those cars at Target?

Clint
03-08-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by cisco
Can you get those cars at Target?

toys are us has them...i dont have a target locally..so i dunno.

cisco
03-08-2003, 09:14 PM
Thank you for the information.

Stridex
03-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Here's the first Supra painted.

Stridex
03-08-2003, 10:16 PM
last pic

sessiz10
03-09-2003, 09:44 PM
I've seen plenty of monster bits, so here's a monster zip;)

Stridex
03-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Sessiz, that is the BEST monster Bit/Zip I've seen. AWESOME job!

Here's my Supra finished and in action.

Stridex
03-09-2003, 10:27 PM
in action....

Clint
03-09-2003, 11:07 PM
that supra is looking fine. almost looks as big as an epoch.
i think i need to clean my shorts.
where did you get those wheels? they are tight!

kwikbb
03-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Stridex-
excellent job on the Supra! remind me is that the resin mold from the import tuner?

sessiz10
03-10-2003, 12:31 AM
I gotta chime in here, that is looking real good man.

Stridex
03-10-2003, 01:01 AM
Thanks guys.

The rims are from an import tuner (can't remember which one) and that is a resin body molded after the SSTuner Supra. It's been fun building it, but it wasn't easy. :) All found at WalMart.

It's the same size as a zip. The wells just don't line up so I used a stretched rally racer for this one. The other Supra is coming along nicely. For that one, I stretched a shen. Still looking for the right rims and tires.

Stridex
03-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Clint,

I got the Civic today. It's in perfect condition. I didn't send yours out today, but I'll get it out tomorrow. I'll even use your same packaging. Thanks for the trade and I hope you're happy with the Supra body and everything else.

Clint
03-10-2003, 11:57 PM
Clint,

I got the Civic today. It's in perfect condition. I didn't send yours out today, but I'll get it out tomorrow. I'll even use your same packaging. Thanks for the trade and I hope you're happy with the Supra body and everything else.

excellent.

strider_mt2k
03-13-2003, 08:04 PM
X-Men

strider_mt2k
03-13-2003, 08:05 PM
EDIT
I am re-submitting a new pic showing the post-mods car.

strider_mt2k
03-13-2003, 08:06 PM
CHASSIS
(post-mod re-submission)

Zephyranthes
03-14-2003, 12:03 AM
Ahhhhh, the X-Men body is the ugliest body!

Clint
03-14-2003, 05:04 AM
maybe xmen licenscing is cheaper than getting licensing from a auto manufacturer to reproduce a car. radio shack might be saving some money using the xmen line.

strider_mt2k
03-14-2003, 07:43 AM
According to the docs, many major car makers have teamed up with RS so that accurate reproductions can be used.

I know this X-Men RX-8 is highly detailed, more than I've seen on other bodies to date.

strider_mt2k
03-14-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Zephyranthes
Ahhhhh, the X-Men body is the ugliest body!

Well then, it's a good thing you didn't buy it!!

chelboed
03-14-2003, 09:07 AM
Some people have no tact:rolleyes:

strider_mt2k
03-14-2003, 04:12 PM
Don't sweat it.
That's why they make different flavors of ice cream!

Clint
03-16-2003, 09:08 PM
Hey Stridex, i got the Supra... nice...very light too.
im stretching a motor works car and going with 3 cells.
i think it'll fly. look good too with headlights.

bdebde
03-16-2003, 10:00 PM
Here is the motorworks truck (lowered) that had to give up its life for the pro stock Stang.

bdebde
03-16-2003, 10:01 PM
And here is the Pro Stock Stang, see:

http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=83174#post83174

chelboed
03-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Hey, what's up with the "rare earth magnets" you use? Are they a more powerful steering magnet? If so, why do you need them, especially in a multi-cell car. In my 3 cell Zap, I have 3 steering springs stacked up so my car doesn't turn quite so quickly. It still turns VERY sharp and quick, but why would you need more magnet? My Zap has a booster PCB in it as well, and flat out w/o the boost, I have to be careful not to roll it. I MUST take off the boost to turn.

Stridex
03-17-2003, 02:38 AM
Hey Stridex, i got the Supra... nice...very light too.

Can't wait to see what you do with it. Glad you like it.

P.S. I found three of those FnF kits at RS in Vegas this weekend. They also had two German Imports and Amercas Favorites kits. I bought every one they had left.

AZ_Legend
03-27-2003, 12:45 PM
I lowered my PT Cruiser the lowest it will go.......I think.
My Zip Zap by my Microsizer

AZ_Legend
03-27-2003, 12:46 PM
another

AZ_Legend
03-27-2003, 12:47 PM
whoops forgot the pic

AZ_Legend
03-27-2003, 12:48 PM
Last one sorry for the bad pics

RabieS
03-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Here is one of my zz's

strider_mt2k
03-27-2003, 09:52 PM
You need a set of orange tires for that thing! :D

bdebde
03-27-2003, 11:09 PM
Yeah, like this

isk8blind
03-28-2003, 01:23 PM
heres mt lowered blue civic

metsrule119
03-28-2003, 02:42 PM
heres my zip with the new chrome xmen body and chrome wheels

metsrule119
03-28-2003, 02:44 PM
another one-

Icedragonad
04-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Come on, show off your zipzaps!

BLAKE
04-07-2003, 05:14 PM
How 'bout a 67 Shelby? :cool:

BLAKE
04-07-2003, 05:15 PM
Nice race track, huh? :D

NatakuARN
04-07-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by BLAKE
How 'bout a 67 Shelby? :cool:

Where did you get that body:eek:

BLAKE
04-07-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by NatakuARN
Where did you get that body:eek:

Gotta dig up an old thread...

But this should answer any questions.:)
http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3691

NatakuARN
04-07-2003, 07:26 PM
Gotta dig up an old thread...

But this should answer any questions.:)
http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3691

So how hard is it to mod it for use on a zipzap?

thesportshero
04-08-2003, 06:49 PM
Here is my first ZipZap and mod:

cj1267
04-28-2003, 10:53 PM
Heres my PTcruiser
The Chrome is from http://www.bare-metal.com/

NewZZaddict
05-01-2003, 01:34 AM
3.6V Civic with a purple motor out of another clone(think it was a panther) and a Panther PCB. Lowered in the front too. To charge it right now I just hold a 9v battery to the wires sticking out the back untill I find a connector I'm happy with.

http://home.attbi.com/~andthenandthen/civicback.JPG

http://home.attbi.com/~andthenandthen/3cell2.JPG

My monster Rx8 is back to a single cell right now but as soon as I get my batteries in the mail It's gonna be a tripple :)
(actually I'm prolly gonna use my civic chassis with batts and PCB for this and put an Lxx booster in this one for the civic)

http://home.attbi.com/~andthenandthen/monster001.JPG

My 3 Zip zaps.

http://home.attbi.com/~andthenandthen/3carscls.JPG

Buzzbait
05-02-2003, 06:33 AM
My hybrid car with mostly Zip Zap parts, except for the Microsizer Pro booster pcb and controller. The tires are from a Motorworks pickup truck.

http://home.nycap.rr.com/sosak/cars/zz1.jpg

charliebrown
05-02-2003, 06:51 AM
I did a mod of my own and took the gearing ratios from the K.I.T. racer and made a ZipZaps 3.43:1 gearing ratio! MUAH HA HA AHA!!!!

MadScott
05-02-2003, 11:53 AM
...and how does it run with that gear ratio?

ZipRC
05-02-2003, 04:26 PM
Here's some pics of my Mazda RX-7 Targa Top. The front has a small grill/intercooler/intake system using the staple mod, and there is a muffler slot in the back of the car, but I haven't had time to make one. The pics may be a bit low quality, but hey, the camera was 10 bucks, so it was a good deal for what it gives me. This is my first modded car, whaddya think from what you can see?

crazydave
05-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Here's the one I call "Franken-Zap" It's mostly Microsizer in a Zip Zap chassis, with parts from a couple other cars thrown in for good measure.
http://erinsbaby.com/davesstuff/frank7.jpg

Here's my Gold Civic, that is mostly stock, that is to say, it has most of it's original parts.
http://erinsbaby.com/davesstuff/civic.jpg
http://erinsbaby.com/davesstuff/civic1.jpg

charliebrown
05-03-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by MadScott
...and how does it run with that gear ratio?

Well, to be honest, I broke my ZipZaps and after that, I just took a 12:1 axle and the Kit racer. I had to saw off the metal wheels attached to the gear with a kitchen knife and it made a lot of mess...lol...then with the gear in my mouth and the axle stickig out, it took some force to do it, but I pulled it off. I then used the knife and pried apart the gear and wheel for the ZipZaps and again pulled of the gear suing the same method as well, I put on the gear and with glue, the wheel. I haven't tested it yet, so I'm still waiting until I have enough allowance to buy a ZipZaps. I'll probably get that 350z. Also I'll probably have to use the white pinion gear.

strider_mt2k
05-03-2003, 11:05 AM
I feel kinda lame posting these updates after seeing some of the work here, but I've gotten great performance out of my latest setup.

I added suspension springs and went to the ZZ 8.25:1 gearset, peplacing my custom 8.25:1 using MS gears. (I like the red better)
I went with alot more ZZ parts this time out, as it also has a ZZ 2.6 motor now, replacing the KIT Racers 2.6 I had in there.
Tires are still Microsizer rears all around though, because as I'm so fond of saying, I hate ZZ tires! I picked up custom tire and hubcap kit too, so I threw the 5-spoke wheels on it too.

Modest as it may be, I present the latest incarnation of my X-Men RX8:

pic1
suspension springs

strider_mt2k
05-03-2003, 11:10 AM
pic 2
(No big whoop, I know, but I like it.)

strider_mt2k
05-03-2003, 11:15 AM
forgot one
sue me ;)

kwikbb
05-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Nice pics strider_mt2k! Lemme ask you something, with the addition of the springs up front did it raise the ride height or is comparable to stock or lower stock [that would be sweet]?

Thanks,
B

strider_mt2k
05-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Thank you! :D

It appears to ride slightly higher, but it's not rolling when I turn going flat out anymore, so I'll deal with it.
It also means there is more travel, so that's probably better.

One could always trim the springs down for an adjusted ride level.

It's also fun pushing the front end down with my finger and watching it spring up again. huhuhuh fun!

kwikbb
05-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by strider_mt2k
Thank you! :D

It appears to ride slightly higher, but it's not rolling when I turn going flat out anymore, so I'll deal with it.
It also means there is more travel, so that's probably better.

One could always trim the springs down for an adjusted ride level.

It's also fun pushing the front end down with my finger and watching it spring up again. huhuhuh fun!
sounds like thats what i need to get too! just built a dual-cell bit-zap and it's just crazy fast, the new 2F2F bodies inspired me to resurrect it, need something to keep all 4's on the ground... that is until i want them off the ground! :D

strider_mt2k
05-03-2003, 01:43 PM
If you have one, try adding a second steering return spring too!

On my dual cell bitclones, this damps the steering action just a little so it's less like you're yanking the wheel hard over at top speed!
(Unsafe at ANY scale.)

I didn't think to add that, I may have to now... :D
Of course I should consider dualing mine too. No challenge with all that room in there.

A heavier body would make it ride slightly lower on the same springs too.

x2master
07-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Whatcha think?

its awsesome by the way could you mold a toyota supra body with a hood that opens.I need one for my Zipzaps.

My Nissan Skyline

bg395 b27m :bs: :bss: b3spd b6way :bdrop: bc36c bc36c :btc: and Dual 4.5 motors

x2master
07-04-2003, 01:22 PM
Can't wait to add it to my collection. In July I move into a larger house where a full bedroom will be dedicated to these. As soon as my other orders come in, I'll show you why I need a full bedroom. :(

Here's my idea for the room:
It'll be designed after the Las Vegas area. The boats will be parked at Lake Mead. My show cars will be cruisin' the Strip. My Rigs will be cruisin' Hoover dam and it'll even have a miniaturized Las Vegas 400 Winston track for my Nascar's. All of my military vehicles will be at Nellis A.F.B and my custom cars will be parked at Area 51. And we can't forget the Dunes for my buggies. :D I have it all mapped out. Just need to get in there and measure the room. If they make Micro snow mobiles, I'll add Mt. Charleston. Now that I think about it...I'm going to have to throw a roller coaster over the whole thing and put up a rally coarse coming down the Volcano at the Mirage.

Ok, a lot of it is a dream, but I'm going to try my hardest to make it a reality.

If you can i will buy it off of you.

flatlander_14
07-04-2003, 04:18 PM
here are some of my creations, first is the skyline GT-R. it is powered by 3.6v from the layman's cells, has a replaced antenna from 22g solid core stereo wire, an underbody LED for that glow from below, and the controller has a replaced 3ft antenna in it.

flatlander_14
07-04-2003, 04:19 PM
aaand in the dark...

flatlander_14
07-04-2003, 04:20 PM
and also my chopped top rx8 with gold windows ans a sparkley clear coat almost, well its clear nail polish with blue sparkley things lmao...

strider_mt2k
07-06-2003, 09:14 AM
My coolest one yet.

dr1zz
07-06-2003, 02:20 PM
my project nuvolari

flatlander_14
07-06-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by dr1zz
my project nuvolari

heh, that is sweet. ever think of painting it like the yellow audi TT DTM german touring car and making decals and all? and adding a wing? like this one:

http://www.audiquattrofan.de/audiquattrofan/motorsportgrafik/dtm2002/images/dtm2002_2.jpg

if it doesnt show up, go here:
http://www.audiquattrofan.de/audiquattrofan/motorsportgrafik/dtm2002/images/dtm2002_2.jpg

dr1zz
07-06-2003, 03:07 PM
yea, i dont like to rice out cars too much
i prefer the stock-like look

dr1zz
07-06-2003, 03:10 PM
but the nuvo hopefully will look somewhat distiguishable to this

dr1zz
07-07-2003, 08:54 PM
i tired

Zin
07-07-2003, 11:23 PM
dr1zz: can I get one? lol

gangstermx3
07-08-2003, 10:56 AM
tinted windows,custom exhaust,nice big rims,lowered in the front.

gangstermx3
07-08-2003, 10:58 AM
heres it from the back sorry for the crappy pics

charliebrown
07-08-2003, 01:19 PM
Nice race track, huh? :D \

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BabyKiller
07-23-2003, 11:03 AM
flatlander_14 lets see the under belly of your zip i wanna see how you did your underglow

BrokenMonkey
07-30-2003, 02:58 AM
Here is a pic of my raised civic with lego wheels in back. sry its blurry when i took the pic i hadn't discovered my cam's macro setting

BrokenMonkey
07-30-2003, 02:59 AM
another angle

Yugo DSC Maxxer
08-28-2003, 09:40 PM
I get them now with every ToyEast.com order. I must have over 10 of them. :(
Heya do you know much the shippin would be for this thread that I made:
http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13033&goto=newpost
Thanks.

midget_man1387
09-29-2003, 07:20 PM
I think it's cool at least...

1 of 4

midget_man1387
09-29-2003, 07:26 PM
pic 2 of 4

midget_man1387
09-29-2003, 07:30 PM
3 of 4

midget_man1387
09-29-2003, 07:38 PM
finally, my fave...

Comrade_Boris
10-05-2003, 05:29 PM
heres my rally cross civic......not much on the outside but the inside is a monster!

this pic is alittle bit old, scence this was taken ive :bdrop: it and put in springs.....

tell me what you think!:D

-Boris

carlisimo
11-20-2003, 02:15 AM
(as seen in the other forum; sorry for the repetition)

Black light racing with neon duck tape track!

carlisimo
11-20-2003, 02:16 AM
close up of the cars. the non-SE got neon tape to make up for the lack of light. when close to the UV light, it works better than anyone expected.

Lord_HelmetR34
11-20-2003, 03:01 PM
I figured since no ones looking at my origional post, I'll throw it in here.

Admin, feel free to delete my origional post.

Before:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/492619/newzzse.jpg

After:

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/32188/p/585412_3566985191067378369_vl.jpg

BTW: Carlisimo, that is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. Great idea!

Comrade_Boris
11-20-2003, 08:34 PM
i love your LM edition audi, what colour is that?

Lord_HelmetR34
11-20-2003, 08:37 PM
I believe it's titanium. It came that color. I didn't have the heart to change it.

viperkilla
11-21-2003, 08:39 PM
How'd you make the body kit? It looks fantastic.

Lord_HelmetR34
11-21-2003, 10:50 PM
I use body parts from a Modifier. I cut out the bottom peices, then cut to fit, glue, sand and paint.

itsmemorphious
11-25-2003, 01:19 AM
As you see by my post just a newbie here but just wanted you guys and girls to take a look at my first 2 mods, tab lowering and jada dubs like i said these are my first mods on rc's so tiny. So tell me what you think.http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?shopperid=KGF68E9EWP4V9N2EVMFD2NK84X HD8ED1&userid=itsmemorphious&album_id=40898&image_id=88

viperkilla
11-25-2003, 06:57 PM
Nice rims.....:cool:

Lord_HelmetR34
12-06-2003, 11:14 PM
Well, I made some changes to the car. I kept looking at these wheels and like the way they look better than the black ones I had on before. What dyall think?
http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/32188/p/605533_5954726438601126606_vl.jpg

mitchell
12-08-2003, 12:23 PM
zip zap...zooom

-=CrAnSwIcK=-
12-11-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Lord_HelmetR34
Well, I made some changes to the car. I kept looking at these wheels and like the way they look better than the black ones I had on before. What dyall think?
http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/32188/p/605533_5954726438601126606_vl.jpg

Hey Helmet, did you lower it first?? or is it just the body kit?? Looks nice!!!

Lord_HelmetR34
12-11-2003, 10:47 PM
It's tab lowered in the front. I left the rear at stock height. But now that you mention it, the ground effects make it look a lot lower than it really is.

nitrousmaniac
12-12-2003, 07:09 PM
How in the world did u do all these mods to a small car?!?!?! How long has everybody been doin this. can u guys send me more pics of yur cars. if possible plz send them to silverwing_001@hotmail.com..thanks guys

13thprophet
12-26-2003, 12:37 AM
Hi I'm new here! I just receive a zipzaps 1999 stang and i've already done a molded bodykit on it! Just wish I had my cam to show you! Tomorrow I'll try to get it! And I'm gonna go to the boxing day get some more stuff!

Mods:

Lowered a lot! (the back wheel are partially cover! and I've overszied the front wing for the front wheel!)

Weight reduction ( I've pull out much of the plastic from the base)

Bodykit ( Homemade with melt plastic)

That's it for now but tomorrow is another day! I've aint seen so much modified stang! Why?

(I'm not so good in english if you missunderstand sumthin tellme)

Bad Company
12-26-2003, 07:25 PM
Sounds good, I can't wait to see it. Don't forget those pics!

13thprophet
12-27-2003, 02:17 PM
I've out in a 21 500rpm motor, new gear and stabilizer!

I'm searching for more stuff! We (in quebec) have'nt much stuuff here! So i think I'm gonna make my own motor soon!

Sawblade
01-07-2004, 12:15 AM
I just noticed this thread, so I'll post up my ZZ jeep that I bought last saturday.

(BTW, the red truck in the magazine under the ZZ is my 1:1 rig. :D )

http://www.gvtc.com/~sawblade/jeep.jpg

ZipZapin
01-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 13thprophet
I've out in a 21 500rpm motor, new gear and stabilizer!

I'm searching for more stuff! We (in quebec) have'nt much stuuff here! So i think I'm gonna make my own motor soon!
You must be an experenced R/C er. And Acess to alot of machinerey. And I think its impossably and would cost 2 much. Better to get it shipped from the states. I'm in Nova Scotia and thats what i'm doing.

bdebde
01-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Sawblade, nice jeep. Where did those tires come from?

Bad Company
01-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by bdebde
Sawblade, nice jeep. Where did those tires come from?
I can't exactly answer for him, but I have seen those on a LEGO box somewhere, just don't remember which kit.

Sawblade
01-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Yep, they're standard lego wheels. I've got no freakin' idea how I ever ended up with the box of legos though.

13thprophet
01-13-2004, 07:54 PM
There's some pics of my ZZ stang 1999 with my mods! The image has been photoshopped but the car is real!

http://images5.fotki.com/v55/photos/1/17179/203912/MustangBzipzaps-vi.jpg

http://images5.fotki.com/v55/photos/1/17179/203912/MustangFzipzaps-vi.jpg

http://images5.fotki.com/v54/photos/1/17179/203912/MustangGzipzaps-vi.jpg

There's the base ive shorten a little bit to lower the car!

http://images5.fotki.com/v55/photos/1/17179/203912/nudezipzaps-vi.jpg

clxfiles
01-14-2004, 02:42 AM
My first attempt at a body mod

SHIFT_DRIFT
01-21-2004, 04:41 PM
my ZZSE
my Trueno got MELTED!!!:(

SHIFT_DRIFT
01-21-2004, 04:42 PM
more veiws

clxfiles
02-16-2004, 04:25 PM
rc muscle machine body, modded to fit a duel cell, clone pcb, zz chassis car.

HFi
02-26-2004, 05:38 PM
@clxfiles: wow... what a great job! Maybe the coolest mod I've seem :cool:

clxfiles
02-26-2004, 08:03 PM
HFi - Thank you for the compliment. I really didn't do much to the body itself in terms of the look since that's how it looks out the RC Muscle Machines box, but it was a lot of work to create the notches so it will stay on the ZZ chassis. I have since Lipoly'd it and it really flies. I can do wheelies even with the blower.
I really, really couldn't wait to see if RS was going to come out with a Dodge Charger or not. I also saw a Camaro (but ZZ has that type of body), Mustang and Cuda for the RC Muscle Machines. They all have that same blower that comes off by removing a screw.

HFi
02-27-2004, 05:23 PM
ok... pretty cool anyway :)
Where did you bought your RC Muscle Machines?

clxfiles
02-27-2004, 11:48 PM
I got it about three weeks ago at Walmart. I just went there today to get either the Cuda or Mustang, and they were totally sold out. It didn't look like they planned on getting any more. And I'm having a hard time finding them on the net. I hope they're still making them.

charliebrown
02-28-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by clxfiles
My first attempt at a body mod

clxfiles, for a "first attempt", that car is AWESOME. It's almost professional. I love it! How did you become such a great modder so quickly???

Chuckster...

clxfiles
02-28-2004, 02:00 AM
Thanks CB but like I said, I mainly just took the bod as is from the
RC MM and made it work for a ZZ chassis. The wheels don't even work well. I mainly use bit tires and axels, those are more for show, but they do work. I like this car most cuz it was my first lipoly and man it moves. I'm gonna try and get some vidz of it. Other people have done these mods before but I like how the whole thing ended up.

CB -
Sorry, I didn't realize you meant the Mustang, not the Charger. Thanks a lot for the compliment, I worked pretty hard at getting the Stang to look like that.

clxfiles
03-03-2004, 01:15 AM
Here's a pic of the rest of the gang...

Blue Camaro - Lipoly
Black Charger - Lipoly
Blue Cuda - Lipoly
Orange Challenger - Lipoly
Red Gran Torino - Mosfetted SE
Blue Chopped Mustang - Mosfetted SE
Orange Supra - Duel Cell
Gray Audi - Still a Virgin

The Lipolys are all ZZ chassis, Clone PCB. 2F2F bodies and Muscle Machines bodies.

abgar22
08-05-2004, 07:05 PM
my offroader! lol:D well, not really an offroader just switchable tires, but they work good.

adamace
02-24-2005, 07:34 PM
my newest project is to get one of those pen radios from dollar general and fit it in under this body. it already has a speaker built in to the roof...

adamace
02-24-2005, 07:40 PM
the speaker...

adamace
02-24-2005, 07:41 PM
another shot...

L0ne wolf 72
06-05-2005, 09:45 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/lone_wolf_xp/ZipZap029.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/lone_wolf_xp/ZipZap025.jpg

just some lowered cars ( gt and hummer h1- the fuzzy stuff is velcro)

sorry for the diff. sized pics

crazysk8r777
07-22-2005, 11:07 PM
heres my zz.its a dodge challenger and i have hydraulics on it and tinted windows and a nice big blowr and my nice vinyl and a sparco sticker in the back of the car and its super nice and i will be adding a wheelie bar that is gonna be awsome as soon as i can find where to get one.

crazysk8r777
07-22-2005, 11:13 PM
stop braggin about the charger im gonna get one to but you didnt customize the body u just took it off a muscle machine car so heres my car and it is REALLY customized.

rfnagel
07-23-2005, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by crazysk8r777
heres my zz.its a dodge challenger and i have hydraulics on it and tinted windows and a nice big blowr and my nice vinyl and a sparco sticker in the back of the car and its super nice and i will be adding a wheelie bar that is gonna be awsome as soon as i can find where to get one.

Good lard-a-mighty, man! Would you please quit spamming every thread with the exact same pic? -:/

crazysk8r777
07-23-2005, 03:31 PM
first of all its not spam,second of all im not talkin to you ***/ and third of all i like this pic and it sais to post your favorite pic so i did you lil ***it mc *** ***.

rfnagel
07-23-2005, 08:36 PM
and third of all i like this pic and it sais to post your favorite pic so i did you lil ***it mc *** ***. [/B]

first of all its not spam

When you post the exact same pic to darn near every thread in the forums it is :wink:

crazysk8r777
07-23-2005, 08:59 PM
well dont look at the threads azzhole.plus its not for you and it sais post ur best pic u ***git mc ***g ***g.plus its a way better zip zaps tha you would ever have.

Namuna
07-23-2005, 11:06 PM
well dont look at the threads azzhole.plus its not for you and it sais post ur best pic u ***git mc ***g ***g.plus its a way better zip zaps tha you would ever have.

Wow, you've had about 30 posts here on these forums...And it seems of those posts you're either being EXTREMELY rude or pretty much posting nothing of value to the community.

Goodbye crazysk8r777

GerG
10-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by bmxguy
dude dont talk to my friend like that and stop banning him admins.

Is this some kind of joke?

kehern15
10-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by bmxguy
dude dont talk to my friend like that and stop banning him admins.

We (as in the people of this fourm) are not stupid. We know that you are the exact same person as crazysk8r777. Please get a life and stop screwing up our fourms. Thank you.

shvdcat
12-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Look out for the 2005 GTR Mustang

Lord_HelmetR34
03-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Here's a couple of my newest creations

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGallery/albums/userpics/10053/GTRstang2.jpg
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGallery/albums/userpics/10053/hotrodmustang6.jpg

'Vette Nerd
05-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I got the 'Vette body off of some old (oh wha'da call it) slot car. I used a knife to screw holes in the back for the antenna and tail lights, so I could tape a SE light set into the body, and it works great(not shown in image, but you can see the front light bulbs.) The body even fits the 1st edition ZZ. It's Really cool

'Vette Nerd
05-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Check it out, it's amazing what a little glossy paint and a hack job with a razer blade can do!