PDA

View Full Version : 2.6 motor results in donuts galore

MattM
08-31-2002, 04:58 PM
Firstly - awesome forum - I just got a Bit Char-G (Blue WRX) yesterday and am loving the mod factor of it. My girlfriend thinks I'm a weirdo though :-)
I put in a 2.6 motor, however now whenever I turn, all it does is donuts or 180's, therefore making it pretty much uncontrollable. I'm assuming I need to upgrade the tires - has anyone else run into this problem? Do the Bit Racer tires in the store here (tinyrc.com) fit on the Bit-Char-G? Will they help me?
Thanks in advance.
Matt

payaso
08-31-2002, 07:36 PM
Join the club... It doesn't matter what you give your attention to, if it is not the woman in your life, she will think you are a weirdo...

Check your wheels for obstructions, next take a paper towel and wet it and lay it flat. Take your car and swipe it across it a few times until the tires are clean, then dry them. After that you can also clean the racing surface. This should keep your tires from spinning...

silla

tinyrc
09-01-2002, 12:15 AM
MattM, welcome to the Forums! Yes, those tires fit the BC-G perfectly. Payaso's tip on cleaning the tires and surface is excellent, go with that. What are you running your BC-G on?

MattM
09-01-2002, 06:10 PM
I've since fixed the problem - it only seems to spin on my pergo (laminate) floor or my glass coffee table - it gets plenty of grip (and flips sometimes) on my garage "roughed up" concrete floor - so I think it was more a racing surface issue.
Thanks for your help.
Matt

DrkRAM
09-01-2002, 06:52 PM
Yup Matt, I have the same problem with the 2.6 on my kitchen floor which is tiled... :(

cowfish_29
09-02-2002, 01:08 AM
another thing you can do is put hard tire up front and soft in the back. Also, yes, porus surfaces are good for un-drift-ness.