PDA

View Full Version : Best Guide! Diy Steering Coils!

scottyboyfun
02-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Ive made a guide on how to make your own steering coils, U'll need this if u have damaged ur coils or need new ones!

Its EASY 2!

http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8242&pagenumber=1

dabigpig
02-13-2003, 07:19 PM
don't wild char-g's drive like tanks? hence no steering spring

scottyboyfun
02-13-2003, 07:23 PM
I didnt realise!!!

I spose they don't if they have tank steering!lol

-v2oracle-
02-14-2003, 12:51 AM
little inside information (i've seen the guts of my wild-char-G) and no inside there is still the basic steering coils in a different set up, but they do drive like tanks, in that drive is shifted via the gears with the steering coils and the magnet and spring which is basically the same as a bit

dabigpig
02-14-2003, 12:54 AM
really? thats interesting i have never seen the insides of it so your probably right

scottyboyfun
02-14-2003, 05:00 AM
I tried to find some wild internal pics, but I think people havent really taken them apart as much as the char g s!

Spose they dont wanna kill them!

:D

-v2oracle-
02-15-2003, 04:04 AM
its actually pretty well put together unless you try to upgrade the weapon motor, the you get gears and tricky positioning all over the place, great fun:p and a single gear can fall out when you open the first cover......yea i also havent seen too many other internal pics of wild-char-G's but if you wanna removing the cover isnt too scary, its fairly similar to the regular bit guts with only the one gear in the rear that can be removed the rest of the gears and bits are all secured

scottyboyfun
02-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Is a wild char g worth getting do you think?

Raise looks like the better choice.

baggy
02-15-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by scottyboyfun
Is a wild char g worth getting do you think?

YES get 1 or 2?
then duel cell it
then get a JAPAN PERFECTION 3.8 motor
then it's much good fun

-v2oracle-
02-16-2003, 01:33 AM
its worth it if you are willing to upgrade the motors and remove the crip cap, in my opinion it was a little weak strength and speed wise straight off the shelves, i'd recommend the tiger (speakling from people who have them ,like myself:D ) the raise tiger is great, the claw motor is weak, so i'd highly recommend upgrading it, then its SOOOOOoo worth it, great fun dual celling too is another way to boost it nicely

Risingsunn
02-22-2003, 11:11 PM
Where is the damn crip cap in these things? I am with everyone else that these suck unless you mod them. Not to mention I am very disappointed in the steering, weight balance and plastic tires on the front. :mad:
Truthfully I am going to take a bit clone with about a 50 foot range(that I have NEVER seen in ANY Bit) do a duel cell mod, pop in a 3.0+ motor, chop the chassis up a bit and mount some Stomper tires on it. THEN have a really monster truck that can outclimb and out torque and outpower one of these!! hehhe

-v2oracle-
02-23-2003, 01:42 PM
as for the crip cap placement, i assumed (and very luckily assumed) that it was around the same place as on a bit PCB so using the pics from www.questformadness.com i removed a cap and it helped....alittle, the range is still pathetic but its better than before

tiberius
02-23-2003, 09:12 PM
How much is a little? My wilds could use some range help too.