PDA

View Full Version : RX-7 Reveiw

Adam
02-12-2003, 02:19 AM
Well,once again I am impressed. The RX-7 has great handling, a perfect run time of 17 minutes and a 13 minute charge time. It has the same beefy front steering as the Trueno and the take off power of the Pitwork. The body is strange looking compared to the others, where the other cars have corners and angles, this one is very fluid looking. All the edges are streamlined and smooth. Also the paint is VERY different! It has a dark METALLIC blue. I have one complaint- It looks too cartoonish. The other cars are deformed, but this one is FUNNY looking (not in a good way). After a while it grows on you. I noticed when racing friends, that when I pulled this car out today and said lets go, They all had funny grins on their faces, like their cars were better (My cars actually, They dont have their own, so they run my others.) THEN, I took off popping an awesome wheelie. They stopped their cars and wanted to play with the RX-7! Drifting is perfect with this car, I couldnt beleive how great it is, But I figure it has to be better because it doesnt have the looks I had expected. I am not at all disapointed, BUT- I suggest you buy the other three cars first, Then if you still want this one get it. I never realized how odd this car was until I had it out of the box, so dont just think," Hey it looks cool in pictures", or" its an RX-7", You may be disapointed if you think that. Overall it is great, once you stop focusing on the shape. As always, feel free to post Questons.;)

djmr2
02-12-2003, 11:51 AM
you are truly a hardcore digi fan!

now how about a comparison between the RX7 and the AE86, performance, handling etc..

Adam
02-12-2003, 12:06 PM
OK, The RX-7 is more balanced in the turns than the Trueno, But the handling remains nearly the same. I like the looks of the Trueno better. As for the speed, The RX-7 seems to have a little more, not even noticable without the Special controller. I still like the Trueno better than the RX-7 just because of the looks. As for the differences between the old cars and these, Its like night and day! The "R cars are far better than there ancestors. Now as for the NSX and Pitwork, The NSX looks cool, Handles great, Has bright lights. The Pitwork, Looks AWESOME, Handles like a dream and has very realistic lights.(you cant compare the steering to the lights, too much difference.) I will rate the cars based on overall points, #1- Pitwork, #2- Trueno, #3-NSX, #4 RX-7 (keep in mind this is my opinion and the points are VERY close, I based this on top speed, acceleration, handling and looks.)

kwikbb
02-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Adam; Awesome review, very informative and enthusiastic! A few more of these and I'm gonna breakdown and buy one! Seriously, just reading these reviews are making me sooo envious. :o
Again thanks for the good info! :cool: :)

sengming
02-12-2003, 06:42 PM
can't you take the tureno body and fit it on the rx-7 chassie? can't you do that with any other digi q? that could fix everything.

oh one q: which one do you think looks the best out of the 4 digiq R's?

thanks

keal
02-15-2003, 04:54 AM
sengming,

You can probably switch the bodies of the cars with no problem,
but Takara doesn't sell these bodies by themselves, so in a way there's no use in switching bodies, because one will be a Trueno and the other will still be an RX-7. Shucks!

I got my RX-7 and I thought the body had the real Choro Q cartoonish look. I like it, but in a cute way. I like the NSX-R in a cool, stylish way. I don't have a Trueno to compare it to, so when I get that, I'll probably agree with Adam that the Trueno is better :p

The RX-7 is my first time playing with the racing wheels, and I realized that I don't want the racing wheels on my NSX-R. While the racing wheels are great for taking turns, the car isn't as wacky. What I mean is, it controls a lot more smoothly than the cars without racing wheels.

So for racing on a track, I will definitely use the RX-7. I tried it on my track and it was a LOT easier to go around the bends!

On the desktop, the racing wheels don't do as well at slow speeds. When I try to cruise around on the desktop, the car doesn't start off in a straight line. It turns a little to the side, depending on which way the front wheels are facing. To me, this is not a bad thing, because it makes me feel that the RX-7 was designed strictly for high-speed racing! :D :D

So I'll play with my NSX-R on the carpets and desktops, and I'll bust out the RX-7 when it's time for the races!