PDA

View Full Version : Instant range increase.

Zephyranthes
02-04-2003, 11:37 PM
For people who don't wanna mess with the soldering to take out the cripplers or make a whole new antenna this is the mod for you. All you do is lift your pcb board and untie the not in your antenna. Turn the antenna around and make it stick out the back of your pcb board instead of the front. It's a whole lot easier than drilling a hole in the front of your body, it gives you a longer antenna then the drilling hole in body mod, and it looks a whole lot better than drilling a hole in yor body. If you really want the maximum output of this mod, unsolder the antenna and solder it back on so it sticks out backwards.

Vyrus
02-05-2003, 05:32 PM
I did this yesterday to my clone, honestly I don't think it makes any range increase. Actually, I don't think it's a good idea since it makes the antenna much easier to rip out.
-Cyrus

MTL
02-06-2003, 12:39 AM
old news, but ive put a new phat antenna from my speakers on a long time ago...and its like 7 inches :D.... doesnt drag on the floor, so its all good

Heat
02-07-2003, 06:27 PM
that knot wasnt put there to reduce your range, that knot was put there so that when you pull on the antenna, you don't rip it out. people like to just grab the antenna to bring their car up so they put the knot there. but i dont do that so i untied it but for those of you that do, it's probably better to leave it there. also regarding the little brown thing inside your car's chip, I removed mine with much effort yesterday and it has really increased the range. On half a charge, I got about 5 feet of range WITHOUT pulling the antenna out at all.

Silent_NightR34
02-08-2003, 11:16 AM
i thought i had more range when i did that...i thought i posted a thread about it once.o well..i always forget were and what i posted on:o

timis2
02-09-2003, 11:04 PM
I do that with all my cars

cowfish_29
02-11-2003, 10:34 PM
i don't like it b/c the antenna is just flopping all over the place and getting in the way, along with looking just "ridiculously long"
Depending on if you are lucky, a cat5 antenna might help (this makes your car tip over more often though) or extra power from your transmitter might help too.

Zephyranthes
02-12-2003, 10:01 AM
My car uses a Cat5 antenna. It doesn't tip over either. Total range of 25 feet. You can always remake the knot in a lower area so you won't pull the antenna out.

strider_mt2k
02-15-2003, 06:41 AM
It's very simple!
Do the cat5 thing, or simply run it out the back of the PCB, but loop it up and through the little clip on top! That way you get what's called a "strain relief". No performance loss either!

Here's an example. (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/strider_mt2k/vwp?.dir=/Micro+RC/KIT+racer+full+size+wheelset+mod&.dnm=a3+built+out+rear+installed.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t)