PDA

View Full Version : Balance?

Arrive2Defy
08-29-2002, 03:02 PM
I hear that if I have the duel antenna mod (the one where two cat5 antennas are twisting around each other) it gives the car a bad weight balance because the antennas are way too high. Thus if you turn you'll tilt over... is that true? if i turn really fast i tip over anyways (3.8 motor). =P I'm thinking about the duel antenna mod but if its gonna ruin my driving abilities then i might just reconsider it... I'm removing the crippler, and adding a hard antenna on my remote so thats already gonna be like 30-40 some feet of reception... but i still i want MORE so i was thinking about the antenna thing. anyways tell me your output. has anyone tried it out there? what do u think about the range? wut about the weight? is there anything else i can do? thanks! :D

Arrive2Defy
08-29-2002, 09:24 PM
one more thing... im not trying to lower my car cuz.. well its already pretty low... anyways think i should get springs? they just make ur ride smoother right..? anything else? my car is pretty fast... is there some ways i can make it so the steering is tight and i can turn on a dime without flipping over? i have medium struts... would soft ones be better? or none? does anyone know how to put springs on? got pics of you doin it? thanks!

Redfire
08-30-2002, 11:52 PM
try splitting the antennas left and right on the car, so itll look like a V. That way, i think it wont tip over as much, seeing as the antennas are weighted on both sides. but i thats just me.

Arrive2Defy
08-31-2002, 12:55 AM
thats the smartest thing ive heard yet.. thanks! it may looks kinda wierd but im sure itll get the job done. i cant wait to try

kbtoyz902
08-31-2002, 01:24 AM
hold up, dual antennas over weighing you car? Hmmm, that should be helping balancing you car, not tilting it. If you car flips with a 3.8, it should work better with the antennas> they should be centering gravity or something like that. I dont think i have a good enoughexplanation, but i think someone out there will.

Redfire
08-31-2002, 10:32 AM
i think i might be able to explain it............. or at least try. Do you want me to give it a shot? or you dont even care, since it works and you just want to leave it that way.......:p

Arrive2Defy
08-31-2002, 11:34 AM
go ahead.. all opinions are welcome.

Redfire
08-31-2002, 01:47 PM
this is what i think:
If the antennas are twisted, the center of gravity would be on the tip of the antenna. Thus, when you turn, the bit would tip over when you turn. Of course, like kbtoyz said, if the bit was wider, more of the center of gravity would be on the bit. This would, theoretically, decrease your chances of tipping over, and increases your turning performance........

Is that a good explanation? :p

TheFanMan
08-31-2002, 02:36 PM
never had my bit flip while it had the mod, but it does do wheelies sometimes if I reverse and then tromp on the gas real quik

GTR
08-31-2002, 02:43 PM
i think you should split them...it's the same idea of why tight rope walkers hold huge poles...cuz u need a lot of torque to turn it...

Arrive2Defy
08-31-2002, 03:25 PM
interesting... btw fanman did you get any of my emails?

TheFanMan
08-31-2002, 04:06 PM
sorry, I'll be home at 6 tonight, thenI will be able to get them. don't worry, I'll get'em...... uh oh.... unless my step-dad changed my acount..... shiza.... it's ok it;s ok, I'm sure I got them anyway

Arrive2Defy
08-31-2002, 09:49 PM
if you didnt get them write to me at KrazyAznBoi@hotmail.com
hope to hear from you soon!

kbtoyz902
09-01-2002, 03:04 AM
yeah, i think everyone after my post explained it pretty well.Its weird, i never had a car flip over.

MTL
09-15-2002, 04:14 PM
NEVER????
every time i hit a pebble it goes soaring ..:eek:
sometimes it lands, sometimes not...my side mirrors are scratched up

but usually when i turn it doenst flip cuz i took off the struts for now untill i get some better ones than the stock