PDA

View Full Version : Bit runs faster in reverse....?!

Crisp_Rapper
08-29-2002, 09:17 AM
title pretty much explains everything but my Bit runs faster in reverse and i have no clue why....

any ideas?

cowfish_29
08-29-2002, 09:41 AM
i dunno...its been the same with me sometimes...its not usually chronic. I can just clean my car out and put a different motor in and it usually will run better.
but...it seems like some motors are just made like that, especially 2.6 and up...

Crisp_Rapper
08-29-2002, 09:48 AM
that's the thing.... mine runs a stock 2.2 motor (Booster set)

it's crap when it's not on boost.... runs slow, but when it's on boost it runs as fast as my friends with a 3.0. i'm just wondering why it runs faster backwards 'cos it'd be a really nippy little car otherwise.

Token User
08-29-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper
that's the thing.... mine runs a stock 2.2 motor (Booster set)

it's crap when it's not on boost.... runs slow, but when it's on boost it runs as fast as my friends with a 3.0. i'm just wondering why it runs faster backwards 'cos it'd be a really nippy little car otherwise. I made a reply in another thread similar to this, but you do know how the "boost" works dont you?

The booster cars have extra circuitry on the board that allows for a special feature. In this case, the feature is to LIMIT the voltage going to the motor, to make the car run at a slower, more manouverable speed. The intent was that the car would run at the boosted speed normally, and that the feature would be activated to slow the car down for corners.

Of course, everyone wants to go faster, so what most people do is run at the lower speed normally, and use the "boost" feature like NOS :) ... but the net effect is that in "boost" mode, all you have done is let the full voltage go to the motor, and it now runs at the full speed of the motor (in your case 22000RPM).

What you might want to consider is getting a 3.x motor. running in normal mode (restricting the voltage) will make the engine "more torquey" and give you better acceleration, then (once you are moving) hit the boost button and get the full 3x000 RPM out of the motor.

You know why those controllers are called four channel controllers right? Not because they can be run at multiple frequencies, but because they can control up to four different channels - forward/reverse, left/right, boost, and "one other". Its just a coincidence that the number of frequencies matches the number of channels. The current BCG's rely on 2 channels (plus boost), but the new tank and other model BCGs will have extra features accessible from the controller.

Fun, fun, fun :D

Token.