PDA

View Full Version : Charging issues

Vincent
02-02-2003, 11:17 PM
Just got a Datsun 280z today from Fry's. They've been dropped down to 34.90 (90 cents I'm assuming means they are discontinued). I got it home and hooked it up. The charge led goes red when the car is plugged in and then quickly switches to green. The car would run for seconds as if it did have a charge.
Now the car holds no charge at all and when it's plugged into the controller the green light pops up imediately. I've tried new batteries in the controller and so on. Any ideas or should I take it back to fry's tomorrow?

Vincent
02-03-2003, 01:11 AM
Nevermind... I'm a dumb@ss. :)
I found a set of the batteries (2) to be bad. I swapped them out and my little 280z was running circles around the coffee table in no time.

So... if you ever go to charge the DigiQ and the light is green within seconds, it's batteries. :)

gertman
02-03-2003, 03:53 PM
glad u found this site usefull :D

Vincent
02-04-2003, 12:11 AM
Hehe, it's a great site. I have had several Bit Char-gs since their release in Japan just over a year ago. I've played around with modding two of them from the tips on the QFM main site.
I saw the Digi Qs at Fry's before Christmas and wanted to get one at the time but didn't *kicks self*
So when I was there the other day and found them literally shoved behind several other RC cars at 10 bucks cheaper I couldn't say no.

And another thing, what's the deal with the "200 max" charges listed in the english translated manual? Maybe the Bit Char-gs have the same limit but I thought I would have reached it by now.

These things are tough, too. I always worried about dropping the Bit Char-gs or bumping them into something too hard... but these things are like tanks with a 1000 mph capability. :)