PDA

View Full Version : hmmm.

Spongebob
01-24-2003, 05:07 PM
i have 4 nimh AA. my charger only works on AA's. so i have to buy 4 rechargeable AA's and a AAA charger? that bites. i've only got $65. i guess i could wait a couple months until i get enough $ for the bats and chargers. i have one more question. someone told me this morning that DRR's are being discontinued soon. is this true or a rumor?

Krabill
01-24-2003, 10:08 PM
The charger I got will take both AA and AAA and I don't think it cost all that much. The batteries were about $10 for 4.

Yes, the DRR has been discontinued. You better hurry up and buy one if ya want one.

Spongebob
01-25-2003, 10:23 AM
dang! u think i can still get 1 in about a month? i need about a month to get enough for the car and batteries and charger. is there much of a difference between single cells and packs? who is a reliable seller that is under $65?

misterbungle
01-26-2003, 03:36 AM
Never can tell how long it'll be before they are out of stock for good. I just had my second DRR delivered last thursday. I love these things. I've been experimenting with motors, pinions, and such. Seems like the possibilities are many. Anyway back on the subject, I ordered my last one from www.ehobbies.com and it was packed very carefully with nice foam peanuts. They were on time with the order. Hobby-warehouse, however, i won't mention about that order :mad:

To answer your question about the batteries, the packs are going to give you much more speed and run time. Go for a 7.2v.

Spongebob
01-26-2003, 10:32 AM
I have one more question. Is there a chance that a 7.2 pack and an Orion 180 motor can fry the ESC? I really wouldn't be able to get a new ESC for a while. Does anyone know what the 7.2v Nicad holder does? Does it screw into the chassis and let you put in extra cells or what? it's here http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=DYN8200

Also, how fast is the Dynamite Mini Modified Motor? It is here. http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=DYN8202

misterbungle
01-26-2003, 11:29 AM
No, the 180 and 7.2v will not fry the esc. As for the NiCad holder...yes...it screws into the chasis where the other single cell holder is. One thing to be careful about though. You have to make sure that the dimensions of the 7.2v pack will fit inside this holder that you pointed out. There are several and probably dozens of battery packs. there are even some that will fit snuggly into the compartment once you take out the single cell holder. my advice to you, since i am not much on the battery specs and whatnot, is to go to some of the other threads about battery packs. poke around, there's tons of them.

and the dynamite mini mod motor....not too sure on that one. I'm certain that it is at least quicker than the stock motor. I actually put the elite micro stock motor in my second rocket racer. http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/854841.asp Very cheap and very effective. I would say this is plenty of power for the first upgrade. Then once you get the battery pack in there, youll really be screaming! Same motor that would come stock in the Micro RS4 i believe. and that sucker really gets up and goes. major difference from the dynamite stock motor.

hope this is not too long winded and that it helps.